Danny's Layout [Flaxengate] (N Gauge)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lofty

Re: Danny's Layout [Flaxengate] (N Gauge)

Post by Lofty »

Honeywell wrote:ffs
I think that means no :wink:
beerandpies

Post by beerandpies »

:shock: How have I missed this one?
It's great to see so many updates on layouts that are pages down the list that I've never seen before. This one is stunning. I absolutely love the fourth picture down with the points cutting through the valley. I can just see a train picking it's way through there.

Fantastic work.
cheers, Mark.
Scragg End
SouthernBoy

Post by SouthernBoy »

Good to see you're back in action Danny.

Are pictures 3 & 4 the 'horizontal limestone scar' you referred to back in (eek, Jan 2008, nearly a year ago!) .... either way it's very effective and something I don't think I've seen modelled before. It certainly gives the effect of distance :)

Once you've got water and ballast down those could almost be a completed scenes ... or do you plan other enhancements ?
How about a photo overview of the whole layout sometime ?

Are you still keeping tabs on cost ? ... break the £75.00 mark yet ?

Sorry for all the questions - but it's a long time since we've seen this one :shock:
SouthernBoy

Post by SouthernBoy »

That certainly is an 'express Sprinter' in your video :)

I think you've done brilliantly to keep all that layout to less than £100.00 so far: A great little railway, and with an original concept too (the dam).

My favourite item on your list is 'Flour and water glue £0.25'. Costing that out must have been quite an art (I take it you did include a proportion of your water rates in this - wouldn't want people suggesting you're shaving costs to have a finished bill of less that £100.00 would we :) )
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Hi Danny, the layout looks great, and the scenery will be immense when its done.
Quick question, what do you make of the CR signals as i am looking at maybe getting some.
Thanks,
Ste.
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout