my layout - Castlethwaite

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Re: my layout - Castlethwaite

Post by TerryB »

mick wrote:Hi Terry it is a good kit to build,but take your time with steps and hand rail on top of tower.
First one i built it tuck me a long time to get hand rail right,it wanted to bend all over the place :twisted: :twisted: .
Also i found out it was alot better if you put the post on the wire first,before you bend the wire.
Have fun Mate.
Mick :wink: :wink:
:lol: Aye ...i was thinking about that prob ....other than that ....I've got it all sorted nowmatey ...just the wiring and weathering to do now ... :wink:

best regards
T.
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?
mick

Post by mick »

Nice one Terry when did you get the kit :?: ,i used matt black spray from car shop and rail rust.
Hope your going to put some pic's on forum when youve done :wink: :wink: .
Mick. :wink: :wink:
im in love with a black 5
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Hi mick ....I bought it earlier this week,but only started it yesterday.
So far I've used some red oxide car primer & matt black [car aerosols] ...still gotta do the detailing around the "motor" ....I'll be "rusting" it with watered down B&Q brown water based paint ...and then giving it a light blow over with metallic black [car spray] to make it look like its covered in coal dust.
Although,tbh .....I only thought just last night that maybe I should have sprayed it with matt grey primer so that it matched my [Airfix?/Dapol?] Watertower .... :?
I modelled the watertower on a real one which was nearby to where I used to work [it was grey] ....I read the instructions for the coaling tower [it said red oxide] ... :? .....but then I thought that it makes more sense to me that if two structures are side by side in a loco yard,they would be painted the same colour .... :oops: Dohhh .... :?
It might be a while before I finish it,because I'm gonna have to re-arrange part of my layout to fit it on.....and I have'nt really decided what/where/how yet.

best regards
T.
mick

Post by mick »

Terry i would still like to see a pic of it when you have finished it :wink: :wink: you could always pm one to me mate :) :) .
Mick.
im in love with a black 5
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Hi mick ...pm sent [of progress so far] .... :roll:

T.