Hairyhandedfools layout - Ablingham

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
hairyhandedfool

Re: Hairyhandedfools layout - Ablingham

Post by hairyhandedfool »

Time for an update then, and this will be the last, as Ablingham is now in the process of being taken apart, it just hasn't lived up to what I expected of it, I suspect I wanted to much from what was a limited scope of operation.

So, this is the only shot of the privately run 'Susies cafe', I didn't like the white roof, but SWMBO did, so it stayed.
When I finally got my 308 running around I painted it as I thought it should be, in GMPTE livery (like the 504s got).
Looking more like a view from south of the Thames, a 'networker' (which had just been repaired) joins the resident 319s.
Two railtrack units fly through.

Before The End

A charter was organised and is shown leaving Ablingham, a 50 up front and a 47 behind.

The End

A few views showing where it all used to be, the first two are of the station area.....
....and these two showing where the main shed area was.

Hope you enjoyed looking at the pics, my attention now moves on to another layout.......
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan
Direct Rail Services

Post by Direct Rail Services »

Those last few pictures remind me of Seven Tunnel Junction when it was being ripped up.

Good luck with the new one mate.

DRS.
Pontypool Road (Western Region) Model Railway - 2009
TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Post by TerryB »

Danny wrote:
Direct Rail Services wrote:Those last few pictures remind me of Seven Tunnel Junction when it was being ripped up.
I was going to say that the ripped up track does actually look like a convincing prototype ripped up yard.

Good look with the next layout ;)
It reminded me of the old Tinsley Yard too ....
...good luck with the new layout ....keep us posted.

best regards
T.
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?
hairyhandedfool

Ablingham R.I.P.

Post by hairyhandedfool »

TerryB wrote:
Danny wrote:
Direct Rail Services wrote:Those last few pictures remind me of Seven Tunnel Junction when it was being ripped up.
I was going to say that the ripped up track does actually look like a convincing prototype ripped up yard.

Good look with the next layout ;)
It reminded me of the old Tinsley Yard too ....
...good luck with the new layout ....keep us posted.

best regards
T.
Now there is an idea! No, get it out of my head, I have a plan, and I'm gonna stick to it! :D

Thanks for the kind words, my new Layout has a new thread (http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=19906), so updates for that will be there.
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan