the shed layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
lairadepot

the shed layout

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
well i have now moved so what was going to be laira juction fell through.
but there is hope in me for you guys yet as i have a nice 10x8 shed in my back garden all kitted out with lights and electrics.
and the start of a new layout is started.
i will post pics and videos on here of the progress that goes on and if anyone wants to leave feed back on the layout construction then the same as always from me the advice would be good
lairadepot

Re: the shed layout

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
i can now give you an update on the shed the base boards are all done and there are the two lower tracks have been laid and there is 2 sets of 3 sidings that will be hidden under the main top 2 level tracks laid.
i have bought 3 point motors for the base level sidings on one side and they will be installed tommorow so i can start building the first half of the upper level base boards and then i will get more point motors to do the other set of 3 sidings so then i can build the second half of the upper level pics will follow shortly to show you the progress of the railway in the next couple of days.
laira depot
sapper_k

Post by sapper_k »

looking forward to seeing this
keep us updated

any pictures yet??

kye
CONGRESS CAN MAKE GENERALS....ONLY COMMUNICATIONS CAN MAKE A COMMANDER
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi guys
just a quick update
i have not been able to put the point motors in as the one thing on the shopping list that is a must to have for the motors is the switches them selfs now what an idiot i am lol.
but i will sort that out on monday and i will be taking pics on monday and posting them back on here if i can remember how to do it lol.
and teh biggest improvement on the layout is it now has a name
it is called hanworth central it is a ficticus name but it could of been as there is a main line running through my area from waterloo through to reading via hounslow so my railway is a extension i thought of might have been.
once again any comments or suggestions are all welcome
laira depot
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi guys
just a quick update 3 points have now been motorised and are working fine and 4 more are going in slowly tonight and over the next few days.
and the boards for the upper section of the railway are ready to be installed and the track work can then commence from there on in and then i will have the nice task of motorising the points on the top section of the railway.
any comments or suggestions then please feel free to leave them
laira depot
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi guys
just another quick update there are now another 2 point motors are now fitted so that now adds upto 5 point motors all in and working.
done a quick test run today with some locos over the points to check for and problems and there none to right home about at the mo.
nest step is how to put point motors to the other bottom side as there are beams underneath the points has anyone got any ideas on this and how i can get around this problem
and the next step is to start work on the raised section of the layout and again to electrify the points on the top here.
laira depot
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi guys
as promised here the long awaited pics

a pic of the 3 sidings on one side of the layout which have a 3 way point on it

this is a view of the double loco siding

tis is a view of the cross over which allow the 2 sets of sidings 2 get them from sidings on to the main line

this is the view of the other set of 3 sidings on the other side of the shed

here is a view of some of the point motors on the second side of the sidings these are being mounted on the top of the base boards as on the underside of the baseboards there are support beams everywear

here is a pic of my pride and joy my 2 class 66s and my class 50 and class 37 all been dcc chipped with bachmann decoders and they are running well

here is a pic of the start of the over head main lines starting to go in and as you now can see what i ahev been talkign about for all this time

and now is a view of the track work being started on the top section

and here is a pic of a lms 440 engine with a rack of 3 lms coaches on the back

hope you all enjoy the pics i have posted on here at the mo there will be a some videos coming soon as i will be doing the main test runs soon so fingers crossed that everything goes well anyway like i said i hope you like the pics and please give me any comments or suggestions on what i could do to improve
laira depot
Raider

Post by Raider »

Starting to take shape nicely there.

One comment I would make is to change the power track for a standard piece of track and solder the wires directly to the outside of the rails - it would help to lose the 'train set' look.
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
thanks raider for your comment and that is what i always do once i am happy with the track i will solder the wires to the track and probably solder myself to the track and burn me and my clothes lol.
updates will be coming soon so keep your eyes open on the progress
laira depot
sapper_k

Post by sapper_k »

it looks really smart, kept tidy, and coming on well

hope to see some good progress coming up

just one question... whos the bloke in uniform and what regiment???
kye
CONGRESS CAN MAKE GENERALS....ONLY COMMUNICATIONS CAN MAKE A COMMANDER
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
thanks kye for your nice comments and the answer to your question it is my dad in the uniform and the reg is the old royal sussex which are now dispanded.
now as for the layout i have purchased some more baton today so i can carry on with the upper section of the layout and i have also bought some more wire so i can power up the nest 4 to 5 points and also power direct to the track from the conrollers so i dont have to use a block power section from hornby as it looks sad and dont look right on the layout.
but again anyone wishes to leave a comment or suggestion then please do as the suggestions might help me to put ideas on to the layout.
and there will be a small tmd situated somewere on the top section were i dont know yet as the layout is a work in progress and nothing has been set in stone yet.
laira depot
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

it's going to be interesting to see your layout develop and evolve, so far it's looking great. remember nothing is set in stone until you and the rolling stock are 100% happy with it.

keep up the good work and keep us posted.
Manager of the Famous under-achieving Lawton Rovers (NRM xperteleven div2)

Plans are now afoot for the 2nd relocation and resumtion for my N gauge layout Lawton Road..
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
happy xmas and new year to you all from laira hope you had a good xmas and hope you all got what you wanted as for me i was hopping for the new dcc hst intercity livery set from hornby but unfortunatly santa didnt bring it oh well sales are on and new year round the corner and pay day due in janaury so i might treat myself in the new year
as for the shed layout not much has been done to the layout but i have laid a new section of board down and laid the track down on it just have to get some more chipboard and 2x2 for the supports.
and then i can start then to lay more track down and start to put in the point motors for the top section and i will have to start the ballasting on the lower and top sections
there will be more photos coming soon so you can see the progress
once again hope you have all a good new year and you have a good time and no getting to drunk lol
laira depot
Loconut

Post by Loconut »

Hi Laira Depot and Happy New Year to you too!

This looks like its going to be an interesting layout. I would be interested in seeing the track plan if you have one? I am curious as to what you can get into a 10x8ft shed (same size as mine).

I agree with your comments on the Hornby HST - I saw one in the locoal model shop yesterday and very nice it was too! I have a birthday coming up so have started dropping hints to the Missus!

All the best

Loconut
I need more space !