The Maidenfield Railway - OO - Modern, Diesel, UK

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Good to hear that RMG, what Livery is the Class 60?
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

Metrocamel wrote:Good to hear that RMG, what Livery is the Class 60?
Mainline (but not the all-blue one). Canisp.
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

Just thought I'd give people an update. So a few months ago I moved to London, to start a new job. Sadly, the flat in London isn't really big enough for a model railway, and I don't really have all that much time for one. Things are made worse by the fact that burglaries are quite common and I'd hate to have stuff stolen/smashed, so for the moment I have (rather sadly) turned into one of those people who buys locos etc. and doesn't actually run them :-(

The layout still lives on, however, with my parents, and in the fullness of time I hope to get something sorted, but for the moment, I'm time-poor and space-poor.

Finally, since this will probably be my last post for quite a while on this thread, I'd like to sincerely thank everyone who has provided assistance and encouragement over the last year and a bit, as it really did help me build the layout and make the right decisions on purchasing things -- and kept me focussed on getting trains running. I'd also like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas, and best wishes for the new year. In fact, let's hope for a prosperous new year, in which we can all afford all the locos and wagons we like ;-)
PTmodeller

Post by PTmodeller »

It's sad to hear, but best of luck, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Sorry to hear that RMG :cry: Merry Christmas and a Happy new year all the same!
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267
rmg1919

Re: The Maidenfield Railway - OO - Modern, Diesel, UK

Post by rmg1919 »

I am back at last. A lot has happened in the last year (not all of it good) - but I have decided to try and get the layout running again. Anyway, to get the ball rolling have taken some photos and had a play with some of the more recent additions on some test track I had lying about... namely a Class 166 in NSE colours, some Sealions, some Yeoman wagons, and a Class 108 in NSE colours!

And finally.... a flashback to the last proper video I made!!

rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

So, there has been some progress on the layout recently. I've dusted it off and started to re-lay some of the track that I had to take up to sort out some baseboard issues. I also got enough wired up again that I could send a loco round on the outer loop, with the following photos showing one of my EWS 66s having its first outing on the layout:

PTmodeller

Post by PTmodeller »

Welcome back, one of the great modern image layouts returns!
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

Two gronks arrived today - as did a new Shed. I felt it was time for a new video. Not the most exciting, but felt the arrival of 2 x Class 08s merited some fanfare - especially given how impressive the detail is on them... Well done Hornby!

Hoping to get them on the layout proper at the weekend.
lairadepot

Post by lairadepot »

hi ya
well done on the work so far on maidenfield and i am well jealous as you have virgin and fgw coaches my rolling stock needs a big irprovement.
and i love the shunters at work cant wait to see them in full working order on the layout
laira depot
zabdiel

Post by zabdiel »

I've not noticed this thread before but the pictures on the last couple of pages look promising. I like the look of that junction :)
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

lairadepot wrote:hi ya
well done on the work so far on maidenfield and i am well jealous as you have virgin and fgw coaches my rolling stock needs a big irprovement.
and i love the shunters at work cant wait to see them in full working order on the layout
laira depot
Yeah, my rolling stock was pretty much non-existent until relatively recently as I sold all my old shortie Mk3s, and had not really got round to replacing them. I do however now have enough Virgin mk3s to make a decent HST ( power cars + 4 coaches, i think), 3 or 4 FGW fag packet mk2s, but only 1 FGW Mk3 (buffet). My wagon population has exploded recently, and I have plenty of my favourites Bachy HEAs, MFAs and some Railtrack PNAs. I've always wanted to get some Bachy JGAs, but the more I think about it, the more I realise that they would probably be too big to have a decent length train on my layout...
zabdiel wrote:I've not noticed this thread before but the pictures on the last couple of pages look promising. I like the look of that junction :)
Zabdiel, yeah, I had a bit of a break in modelling... almost 12 months I think... but have finally got back into it. I shall try and do a track layout so you can see what the whole thing looks like... ...watch this space!
zabdiel

Post by zabdiel »

rmg1919 wrote:I've always wanted to get some Bachy JGAs, but the more I think about it, the more I realise that they would probably be too big to have a decent length train on my layout...
I'd though about that too. Those and the HAAs both start worknig out being quite expensive for even a half decent train of say 10 wagons. I'm not sure that they would run trains anywhere near that short or the real railway.
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

Exciting developments... look what arrived recently.... I have to say Hornby's new HST is _G_R_E_A_T_! My amazing girlfriend bought it for me (how awesome) -- for Christmas... and I know it's not yet Christmas yet, but she wanted to give me them before she had to head home, so here they are:

rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

Sadly progress on the main layout remains slow/nil. I continue to build up my rolling stock and loco fleet though, with recent Class 37 and Class 60 additions - plus a couple more mk3 trailers. Hopefully, as the summer arrives, I'll get stuck into the layout again.