Dynamite25's OO loft Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Been busy busy busy building the last two baseboard framework over the weekend and today i still have the ply sheeting to go on the last one and to make the 4ftx5" baseboard to connect to the 6x4 baseboard.

But anyway heres some new pics of my work on the layout.

First photos are of the framework for the baseboard over the hatch way.

And the top of the framework

And heres the framework for the other baseboard
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Man, that is so organized! It amazes me when people actually get things done. I'm hoping to buy some wood this week.
Regards
Rob
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Well the last of the boards have been cut and put in place but not all screwed down yet but will be done tomorrow,also i couldn't wait so i layed some track down so i could run my class 56 all round the layout and i can't wait to lay all the track down and start running trains properly.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Well i thought i should check to see what track is needed for the rest of the layout by checking on my Hornby HVR2 program and i think it will be the points i need to get more of and maybe some long straights,but i will know tomorrow when i check as i lost the list i did the first time of what track i had for the layout.But not sure when i will beable to get them with christmas coming.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Checked what track i got and not to bad really only need 12 points 6 L/H and 6 R/H and 3 R.608,i'll proberly get 6 points when i get paid and the rest after christmas.
Puff the magic dragon

Post by Puff the magic dragon »

Put them on your Xmas present list, :) I have given Rae a list to choose from.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

I'll buy the 6 i need to do the lower level and then get the rest when i can, my mum that they won't be buying anything train related for me for christmas and to buy it all is £82.20.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Not been in the loft much today only to see if my parents can hear my trains running around on the track layed out,also i might be changing my track plan to something else but not sure what yet.As i got my issue of RM and watched the Christmas CD-ROM and seen a good layout and made my track plan idea looked boring so i might design a new one for the baseboard i built.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Not been in the loft much over the weekend but today i need to get things done or it will never get done,so today i need to screw the last of the boards down and fit the last of the hardboard to the roof and decide whether to still go with the track plan i got or come up with a whole new one i just don't know what to do.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Looks like its going to be an awesome layout when you are finished!

Makes my 6x4 board seem rather weak! :lol:
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

I hope will be a good layout but it's hard to work on the layout with this cold weather even though i got a heater up there and that i still need 12 points fot the layout and can only get 6 this year due to not alot of money as most of my money is for christmas pressie for the family.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Right i've decide to stick with the track plan i got as i have altered it slightly to fit how the baseboards are in the loft and when i start to lay track i will see about adding extra bits here and there.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Well i got the 5 sheets of 6mm ply for the upper level of the layout i needed and some lengths of timber to make a hatch cover as we ain't got one for the underside of the loft opening,but got one for in the loft which i made when i did the loft flooring so i don't fall through when i'm up there.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Got some work done due my energy level back up so today i cut the 5mm of both legs that needed cutting also screwed down the boards i hadn't done,but i still need to cut 2 smaller pieces where there is a gap in the boards.

Tomorrow i hope to have part of the roof done and i am going town tomorrow to buy my brown blocks i need for the supports for the upper level as i ran out.Track laying should start thusday or wednesday depending how i get on tomorrow.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Well the roof never got started but i did get my brown blocks for the upper level but at the weekend i have to sort my bedroom out and build and fit the hatch door before my mum goes into hospital for an op on monday,so little work will be done on the layout at the weekend unless i can get both done on the saturday and leave all sunday for the layout.
Last edited by dynamite25 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.