Another one of my little projects.

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

kieranhardy

Another one of my little projects.

Post by kieranhardy »

Quite a while ago i purchased a little ratio wagon, as i havent made a wagon before i kept putting it off as i didnt think i would be able to do it.
But today i received the plastic cement i was waiting for and got started:

[Click images for 800x600 versions]

Before i started:

The finished item:

The roof will be painted white when i get the correct paint. I have to say i am quite proud of this and it wasn't difficult at all!
dr5euss

Post by dr5euss »

Did you paint it yourself or does it come like that? Either way it looks very nice indeed, certainly looks at home on the layout 8)

My very best regards,
sishades

Post by sishades »

Does it also come with couplers?
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
kieranhardy

Post by kieranhardy »

The wagon came like that, but the roof will be painted white and i may weather it slightly to hide some of the glue marks.

It did come with couplings but i didnt put these on as they wernt that great, the wagon is more for display really anyways but i expect it will get a couple of runs. :)
CreepinJesus

Post by CreepinJesus »

How/what is that ivy stuff growing up your Superquick engine shed ? Me wants some of that :D.
kieranhardy

Post by kieranhardy »

CreepinJesus wrote:How/what is that ivy stuff growing up your Superquick engine shed ? Me wants some of that :D.
Sorry for slow reply, just asked the maker and he said he used gauge master green medium leaves and stuck them on with PVA glue. :)
CreepinJesus

Post by CreepinJesus »

Oh they're leaves...ok never mind. I suppose I could print out some ivy then cut it out and stick it on...
kieranhardy

Post by kieranhardy »

Took a couple of snaps of the wagon complete with "dirty" white roof, alongside my new addition to the layout, a very smart British Railways van.