Your favourite Model, Any gauge.

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

champion

Re: Your favourite Model, Any gauge.

Post by champion »

Although a class 52 follower am not happy with the farish example,but what are good in n gauge diesels are.
Dapols class 35 hymek runs well and looks good.( be warned though does need oiling from time to time otherwise total seizure of the motor can occur )
The farish/bachman class 42.Excellant runner and as good as you can get in the n gauge british diesel range as with the class 37.

richard.
D1011 western thunderer.
Fav loco class 52 Western
R.I.P Old oak common
Layout Old oak common hydraulic heydays its future in the balance.
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

champion wrote:Although a class 52 follower am not happy with the farish example,but what are good in n gauge diesels are.
Dapols class 35 hymek runs well and looks good.( be warned though does need oiling from time to time otherwise total seizure of the motor can occur )
The farish/bachman class 42.Excellant runner and as good as you can get in the n gauge british diesel range as with the class 37.

richard.
Hi Richard agree the basic Farish model is crap along with the 50.Youre's however are Superb and if i had Hoover's as good as that with the woking lights in modified condition in Large Logo/NSE liveries i would have stuck with N.Youre Western's and Vac;s are a work of art.Absoloute brilliant models.
cheers
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
Vorders

Post by Vorders »

I have thought very hard on a reply to this thread, as i do not often write here, but enjoy sometimes reading everyone else's opinions, likes and dislikes. But for me, my favourite model is the Bachmann Super D, or London, Midland and Scottish G2a class, 0-8-0. I think Bachmann have made a great job of representing the locomotive in 00 scale.

50035 Ark Royal

Hi now i have 35 it has to be Ark Royal although unfortuantely due to a problem with the lights it has gone back to Hornby :evil:
Second would be Royal Oak and third when i do it Furious.Will post pics of all theese soon but for now look in class 50 models or my layout thread.
cheers
Ian
Bushey Troughs

Post by Bushey Troughs »

Vorders wrote:I have thought very hard on a reply to this thread, as i do not often write here, but enjoy sometimes reading everyone else's opinions, likes and dislikes. But for me, my favourite model is the Bachmann Super D, or London, Midland and Scottish G2a class, 0-8-0. I think Bachmann have made a great job of representing the locomotive in 00 scale.

Good choice I've the BR cab-back version. I just love freight locomotives. The Wrenn LMS 8F is another fav. I can't find a pic at the moment.

Bachmann 9F is another favorite of mine, this one cost me £103.00.

Hornby RailRoad version 9F is an excellent loco. Great value for money too. These two Hornby 9Fs were a £1.00 cheaper than one Bachmann.

COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

My favourite 'model' ....... surprisingly simple, out of my collection of around 30 pieces of motive power my actual favourite is "Marilyn" the 06 shunter. Her attraction could be the wiggle as she moves along, the fact that she needs constant attention (to have good running from an 0-4-0). She's put a little weight on since we got together, can now easily pull 10 x VAA/VDA/VBA vans, quite a switched on lady (since being DCC chipped).

Here she is - resting in the sun !!

Sad mad so and so I am !!!

Geoff T.
0121modeller
Location: Erdington, Birmingham,.... but can also be found at various railway bridges !

Post by 0121modeller »

My class 108 i built from DC Kits,
Its un-motored as purposely meant for just a scenic feature as part of my unfinished 00 project.
I suppose its my favourite model as I spent time building myself & therefore its very sentimental as I feel I done a fairly good job regards the faded & flaking paint / rusted area's.

Dave.
Scratchbuilding 4mm scale JXA scrapwagons ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=37620
Scratchbuilt & kit built grappler claw cranes ; - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... =6&t=36342
50035 Ark Royal

Hi Dave that is an excellent rendition of a 108 i take it in scrapyard condition, awaiting the torch or restoration.I remember the old DMU's on the Cross City Line Redditch to Litchfield and Four oaks used to take me to from New St either going or coming back from bashing from to Northfield.Towards the end they were in a deplorable state.
Stewart Gethin

Post by Stewart Gethin »

I have a Maxitrak 4/5 inch gauge Ruston, will try get some pics up, that is my favourite, but when weather doesnt allow to take it outside i like my hornby 08 shunter.

Stew
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Dad, I am sure you are a perv, but I may be on my way; 0-4-0s do it for me too!
I really love those Caley type pugs. The old bodies are better, with handrails but I just love to see them pull all sorts of (little) trains.
rocketman
bike2steam

Post by bike2steam »

Bushey Troughs wrote: Image
Cor, I saw that loco 12 inch to the foot, not long after it moved from Warrington to Bescot, where it gained it's tender-cab :D But my favourite is the almighty 8F.
Bushey Troughs

Post by Bushey Troughs »

bike2steam wrote:But my favourite is the almighty 8F.
Indeed, this is my Wrenn 8F built like a brick ****house. I'm thinking of changing her to 48382 Willesden MPD with a late crest. Anyway I found the piccy.

COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

bike2steam

Post by bike2steam »

This is a tough call.
Of all the unmodified rtr locos in my collection the Hornby loco drive 8F's, because of 14 wheel pick-ups, are the best, slow, smooth,quiet, and powerful.
The best modified are the 'Modelyard' loco-drive Hornby 9F's my most powerful, and silent, no noise from the motors, when running, what so ever - and yes 14 wheel pick-up.
My best kit-built is a 'Little Engines' 04/8, same as above.
What makes you think I like large freight/goods steam locos ?? :D
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

One for rocketman ......

And yes it's an old issue with wire grab rail and cab roof support ....
Pulling a special Pug wagon tender and two coaches.

Feeding his fetish !!!

Geoff T.
Jim S-W

Post by Jim S-W »

Hi All

Some of my favourites

Loco

Class 25's - Build from bachmann and silverfox hybrids with heavily rebuilt chassis.

Unit

Class 128 - Combination of Craftsmann/hornby and Lima

Rolling stock

Herring built from the genesis kit. Not my best wagon but I am pleased with how it came out and it was a challenge to built thus its a favourite.

Other rail

Tamper built from the Roger Murray kit and a lot of scratchbuilding.

Non rail

Brummy fleetline, converted from a Brit Bus Atlantean using my own etches

Buildings

My Signal box, except for some air conditioners on the roof and the fence its entirely scratchbuilt.

Cheers

Jim