Your favourite Model, Any gauge.

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

son of triangman

Re: Your favourite Model, Any gauge.

Post by son of triangman »

A change of scale indeed. G Scale/Gauge 1

A garden monster....this beauty has smoke, DCC sound, and lights including cab lighting. The loco has two pipes from the smoke unit to the cylinders so you even get whisps of smoke/steam from the cylinders. It runs lovely and weighs a ton, the boiler is metal.

Last edited by son of triangman on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
son of triangman

Post by son of triangman »

Stewart Gethin

Post by Stewart Gethin »

Very nice, I love G scale, a person locally has got a G scale garden railway, and i helped him sort it out for an open day, then the detailing and the amazing power of the live steam is immense! i was literrally like :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Stew
Jim S-W

Post by Jim S-W »

jack richards wrote: is this an exhibtion layout :?: If so hope to see it for real somewhere. If not have you posted more of it the site :?:
Hi Jack

Sorry, but I seemed to have missed your post the first time. It will be an exhibition layout yes (and if you are in Cornwall it will be at the Kernow show this weekend!) to see more have a look at http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=24926 or my website www.p4newstreet.com

Cheers

Jim
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Not quite G Scale :lol: ..this is my Dapol N Gauge, LBSCR A1X Class "Ashtead" my favourite model.
LBSCR Ashtead A1X.JPG
LBSCR Ashtead A1X.JPG (58.8 KiB) Viewed 3910 times
jack richards

Post by jack richards »

Hi Jim just looked at your website love the units. One I thing I always have a problem with on some modern image layouts is the lack of units. Go out on the real railway and what do you see endless loco hauled or multiple units?? I really admire the high standards of modelling you have achieved and I hope to see it on the circuit at some time.

Jack
Jim S-W wrote:
jack richards wrote: is this an exhibtion layout :?: If so hope to see it for real somewhere. If not have you posted more of it the site :?:
Hi Jack

Sorry, but I seemed to have missed your post the first time. It will be an exhibition layout yes (and if you are in Cornwall it will be at the Kernow show this weekend!) to see more have a look at http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=24926 or my website http://www.p4newstreet.com

Cheers

Jim
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

kieranhardy wrote:
35011 GSN wrote:Ah, I see. Thanks :D

I wonder where she will end up once restored?
No idea im afraid, sadly a Merchant Navy, like a 9F, King, Duchess etc are just too big for preserved railways. Even the WSR doesnt want West Country Braunton on a permanent basis. And even if the GSN group had plans to put her on the mainline would it be viable to do so? On the plus side we still have Clan Line going strong on the main line, and Port Line will soon join her. 35006 is also coming on well at the GWSR, and 35005 will no doubt receive an overhaul in the next few years. Plus of cause Ian Riley's Merchant Navy (35009) will be restored (in BR Blue :P) if she isnt sold by the time his second Black 5 is complete. It does of course leave 5 other Merchant Navy's in various stages of restoration (not including the sectioned 35029 at NRM), It does make you wonder which others, if any will steam...
this is a little late to mention but the 9fs are suitable, they are strong and economical as they were built for slow goods (and fast but mainly slow) which makes the ideal. this is what i was told by people at the bluebell and the GWSR.
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

proberly posted something on here already but i just cannot be bothered to look through again. my fav has to be one of my terriers, 6 manors or 6960 raveningham hall.
dpr59

Post by dpr59 »

My favourite at present - n gauge
Although christmas is just around the corner......

Live life to the full, it's a one way street
GunnerBill

Post by GunnerBill »

It has to be my BR 2-6-4T Stanier Class 4MT from Hornby!

I just love the shape!

50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

Well there can only be one :wink:
Attachments
22102010 022.jpg
22102010 022.jpg (34.18 KiB) Viewed 3541 times
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
siquelme

Post by siquelme »

Pedanticmongrel wrote:I know I have previously posted to this thread, but my favorite model has to be my bachmann 4965 Rood Ashton Hall. It is just like the real thing was when it was on the mainline, fast, smart, reliable, spectacular, untoppable. :D

What an AMAZING locomotive
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/
bike2steam

Post by bike2steam »

And now for something completely different :)
Attachments
Andy Capp Compound.jpg
Andy Capp Compound.jpg (28.7 KiB) Viewed 3980 times
Claude Dreyfus

Post by Claude Dreyfus »

The Kato EH200 is the pride of my N Gauge fleet. It is a permanently attached articulated locomotve with all wheel drive - effectively a BO-BO+BO-BO. Stunning to look at and for an N Gauge model epically powerful. The prototype spends its time hauling oil and container trains along the Chuo main line in central Japan
EH200 hauls an oil train through Yamanouchi Oshika
EH200 hauls an oil train through Yamanouchi Oshika
EH200.jpg (186.6 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
For H0/00, it is another Japanese articulated loco - this time the EH500, which is a Tomix model. This time the two units are detachable; however both are powered. This mainly handles container trains along the Tokohu main line, north from Tokyo.
EH500 at Weyford - 21st Century Japan in 1950s Dorset!
EH500 at Weyford - 21st Century Japan in 1950s Dorset!
IMG_1719.jpg (97.02 KiB) Viewed 3371 times
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

bike2steam wrote:And now for something completely different
Image :)
Whats the story behind that???