Your favourite Model, Any gauge.

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

kieranhardy

Your favourite Model, Any gauge.

Post by kieranhardy »

Not sure if this has been done before but i thought it would be a nice idea to show pics of our favourite models that belong in our own collections.

My favourite two models have to be these:

35005 because she is my favourite loco in real life and the M7 was the first loco that i bought with my own money.

My other top models include the Ivatt,Standard 4, Small Prairie and Flying Scotsman, shots of them are here:

So what are your favourite models? :wink:

Cheers.
Tepic

Post by Tepic »

I don't have it any more, but when I was about 13 I had an Airfix Dean Goods. I loved that loco!
tinsleytmd

Post by tinsleytmd »

Graham Farish EWS class 66 stunning engineering.
kieranhardy

Post by kieranhardy »

Anyone else... with some shots maybe? :wink:
Bryan Gundry

Post by Bryan Gundry »

kieranhardy wrote:Anyone else... with some shots maybe? :wink:
To many favourities

But I suppose the one train which I would part with last would be my Blue Pullman set.

Put it down to my age. I am sure thetriangman will now why I would not part with it.

Full train at the top of this:

When I next rearrange the display I will take a few more shots of the full train.

I would love to add a couple more carriages but they go for more money than I am prepared to pay.

Bryan

P S Every time I post an image of the Blue Pullman somewhere on the net I get a message asking how much I want for it. Please note ITS NOT FOR SALE.
Bryan Gundry

Post by Bryan Gundry »

Probably like most people the latest addition would be considered to be the favourite of the moment.

In my case:

K9-70

Post by K9-70 »

Well since you asked, my favourite has to be the Tri-ang R357 A-1-A Brush Type 2 (Class 31) diesel followed by the Airfix Class 31.
[/url]http://irishrailwayimages.fotopic.net/p ... 4.html[url],[/url]http://irishrailwayimages.fotopic.net/p ... 0.html[url]

K9-70[/url]
Dinmore Manor

Post by Dinmore Manor »

Top of the list has to be this one, a 5" gauge 15XX Tank built over a 5 year period by my now late grandfather :( with a little help from me during school holidays etc. A most enjoyable project and something with great sentimental value, It is something that I could never ever part with.

Second probably has to be this one, a freelance 5" gauge tank engine that I think is quite an attractive looking machine, would have made a nice full size loco! I bought this engine as a bit of a nail, looked very sorry for herself. I completely stripped her down to the last nut and bolt and re-built her from the ground up. Have spent many a day running the wheels off it at a local club pulling passengers etc. unfortunately she is now in pieces awaiting a new boiler. Be good to get her running again :D

Dropping down to a slightly smaller scale this has to be my favourite, a re-named and numbered Bachmann Manor 7820 "Dinmore Manor" an engine that I am very much involved with, further details in the links below.

Cheers, Mike
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

This is my favourite loco in my collection.
PTmodeller

Post by PTmodeller »

Bryan Gundry wrote:Image
Slobbers.........

Mine would have to be a Triang Jinty given to me by my Grandfather. It's currently having the smoke un it stripped down, i'll be getting some oil next time i'm at the model shop.
Tepic

Post by Tepic »

m.levin wrote:This is my favourite loco in my collection.
That looks brilliant. I have always wanted a model of a class 1 LT&S tank. That'd be my pride and joy if I had it :)
02_tank_buff

Re: Your favourite Model, Any gauge.

Post by 02_tank_buff »

Don't have a pic yet, but mine is my Hornby Terrier, No. w12 Ventnor, in its superb Southern livery. It is soon to be subject of a modernisation project, where here bunker will be extended to A.B Macleod's extended bunker, and will be repainted into the Olive Green livery.
02_tank_buff

Post by 02_tank_buff »

It'll look like this beauty :D :

It is this in Ventor livery (production now ceased) with extended tender as it really bugs be hornby couldnt be bothered to extend it :evil:
[img]https://static.hornby.com/images/width7 ... 0-3115.jpg
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Some nice pics there guys..... love those big gauge locos !!!!

Heres my current favourite, fresh off the workbench today with ANOTHER new motor fitted :D

If you look close, one of my other favourites is lurking in the siding....
Pedanticmongrel

Post by Pedanticmongrel »

I guess if I had to give an answer my favorite that I own is the Rebuilt Merchant Navy 35028 "Clan Line", note the correct livery and cabside number present. It's a rubbish hauler and it noisy by modern standards, but it was Hornby's "turnaround" model and I waited for 8 months after it was annouced to buy it, so it will always stay.

But the other engine I really like at the moment that I own is this Hornby 60xx "King William III", I guess it because I bought it for less than half the retail price from ebay, so getting that "satisfied bargain" feeling, and also I am impressed with it's looks, performance and accuracy to the prototype.

I'd guess you should expect an update if this thread is still about when my T9 arrives, and if I end up getting a DJH SAR 19D, it is however very expensive and I'm umming and arring atm.