Which Magazine for N-Gauge?

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Grahame

Re: Re:

Post by Grahame »

mortice-rig wrote:there are no 'N/2mm' scale pipes available on the market that have any sort of either A: length or B: parts to fit it to look like pipework....a quick flick through my old photos from the Teesside area were ICI Wilton is ect reveal that pipework there is huge...so in enters Knightwing...providing 'OO' gauge pipe...perfect.
Unit Models produce N gauge ducting, and pipework is easily made using plastic tube (available in various diameters from Evergreen, Plastruct, and so on) and wire. Flanges can easily be replicated with discs of plastic sheet or simply wrapping a very thin strip of masking tape around a number of times.

G.
Grahame

Re: Which Magazine for N-Gauge?

Post by Grahame »

Issue 14 of 'Red Death' - the NGS 'Modern' Area Groups electronic newsletter is now available and has just been circulated to members of
the group by email. It's yet another interesting issue with over 30 pages of exclusive N gauge content.

Memebership of the NGS MAG is free to all fully paid up members of the N Gauge Society;

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk/

G.
Sprintex

Post by Sprintex »

Must admit I pop in to WH Smith regularly to peruse the railway modelling mags, but very rarely buy them. With Railway Modeller I tend to wait until the annual DVD comes out with ALL the layouts, features, reviews, etc but none of the ads for a fraction of what a subscription would cost :wink:

I do however eagerly await both the main NGS mag and the NGS Modern Area Group's 'Red Death' - always read from cover to cover more than once and worth every penny of the Membership cost 8)

Paul
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Is it free to join the Modern Era Group? i just joined the Society and was thinkig of this one.
Cheers,
Ste.
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
Sprintex

Post by Sprintex »

Yep, all comes as part of your NGS membership :wink:

Paul
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Good, might look into that :)
TheFreightMaster123

Re:

Post by TheFreightMaster123 »

Tepic wrote:No they cater for all.

American and European layouts & models feature quite often.
What about Japanese Outline models?
Cam
Official Wagonaholic
Davidm wrote:Remember, that at our scale of 2mm/ft, 0.1mm is approximately equal to 2”, and a Super Voyager would fly if it hit that at 90 mph.
One of NRM's 2 official Freight masters PM if interested in joining the Freight Crew.
Grahame

Post by Grahame »

ste234 wrote:Is it free to join the Modern Era Group? i just joined the Society and was thinkig of this one.
If you're a fully paid up member of the NGS you can be a member of the 'Modern Area Group' at no further cost or obligation. You can join at their website;

http://www.ngauge-modern.co.uk/

and will receive a quarterly electronic newletter sent direct to your email address.

G.
Last edited by Grahame on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Hi Grahame, i recently joined the N gauge society so i will sign up for the modern soon :)
NgaugingTV

Post by NgaugingTV »

Well as I've been a student for the last few years; I've always wanted to spend the money on my trains themselves than the subscriptions to magazines I only buy for 1 article that interests me or catches my attention.

Thats one of the reasons I've begun to create an online site to help all of us exchange our ideas, I think the internet has the ability to develop an online and more imformative "magazine" type site that would be far more useful to the hobby in the long run.

The site I've created is completely 100% free so feel free to check it out, watch some of the videos and feel free to email direct and give your ideas or suggestions for future topics or development of the site.

Thanks and all the best with your modelling

Tom

www.ngaugingtv.co.uk
Grahame

Post by Grahame »

NgaugingTV wrote:The site I've created is completely 100% free so feel free to check it out, watch some of the videos and feel free to email direct and give your ideas or suggestions for future topics or development of the site.
A good idea for the use of U-tube vids and a very ineresting site with nice layout. Well done. Obviously the range of contents ranges from the 'Hmm, not sure I'd do it that way' quality to the 'that's a great idea' and rather clever. No doubt it will grow and expand making it more indispensable. Consequently I've bookmarked the site.

G.
Grahame

Post by Grahame »

N’spirations is a new all colour publication exclusively about British 1:148 N gauge railway modelling. It is intended to inspire people who are interestedin N gauge and encourage them make a start in N gauge railway modelling. The booklet is specifically suitable for those who know little about N gauge or who are beginners in the scale and is a handy reference guide answering commonly posed questions. It includes inspirational photos of quality layouts with supporting articles and advise.

See separate thread for more information.

G.
its-n-gauge

Post by its-n-gauge »

Even though we are not advertising in it just yet but will be soon, i have to say M R. Saying that i have seen a couple of cracking layouts such as Nine Mills in R M and Grahames Hedges layout.

What annoys me is that most of the Mags do limited runs of OO Gauge rolling stock for the readers from the main manufacturers such as locos and wagons, but never do anything in N, only Kernow, Buffers, The Signal Box and Dave Jones when at N'Sprays have done it so far. I am surprised that no one has gone for a limited run of 97201 Experiment in RTC livery now that Farish have produced the class 24 loco.

Cheers Carl

www.its-n-gauge.co.uk
phil sabin

Post by phil sabin »

its-n-gauge wrote: I am surprised that no one has gone for a limited run of 97201 Experiment in RTC livery now that Farish have produced the class 24 loco.

Cheers Carl

http://www.its-n-gauge.co.uk

Now thats something I would love too see, :mrgreen:
its-n-gauge

Post by its-n-gauge »

And Me, At last years DEMU meeting the Bachmann rep said that someone had enquired about doing it, obviously they have bottled it. It would be great if one of the magazines started doing limited edition locos for us N Gaugers.

Cheers Carl

www.its-n-gauge.co.uk