re-mapping

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
tomtom85

re-mapping

Post by tomtom85 »

i don't know what i would do without you guys out there. my controller, dynamis with pro box, only has 20functions. how can i move function from say 25 to 20 without using a pc and lokprogrammer and decoder pro etc. please bear in mind i am an idiot and need clear instructions. the decoder will be either loksound v5 or v4 or zimo mx.
ta
centenary

Re: re-mapping

Post by centenary »

tomtom85 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:57 am i don't know what i would do without you guys out there. my controller, dynamis with pro box, only has 20functions. how can i move function from say 25 to 20 without using a pc and lokprogrammer and decoder pro etc. please bear in mind i am an idiot and need clear instructions. the decoder will be either loksound v5 or v4 or zimo mx.
ta
This YT vid may help. Although it discussed remapping light functions, I guess the process would be the same for other functions.

https://youtu.be/6aMwWcszzLc?si=w1ufvw17O69QmzOJ
SRman

Re: re-mapping

Post by SRman »

I use a LokProgrammer or Decoder Pro for ESU, although I know remapping can be done by programming various CV settings. Zimo likewise with Decoder Pro, but I have also remapped functions on a Zimo sound decoder simply by programming CVs.

I do have a couple of printed guides downloaded from the Internet that I can share, but not through the forum posts (they only allow image formats.

If you PM me, I might be able to send them to you that way, or if not, find another way to share (Dropbox, for instance).