Cookies?

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
inoffapost

Cookies?

Post by inoffapost »

Just tried to log in and was greeted by a cookie confirmation request box. Never had this on here before. Something new?
I hate this particular one as it is an 'accept all' or 'confirm choice' deal. All the consents are turned off, which is good, but the 'legitimate interest' buttons are all on and have to be turned off individually if you are not prepared to accept 'legitimate interest', which is bad! In my book anyway.4

Whats it all about I ask?What do these vendors want to know what a bunch of old duffers on a model railway site are looking at? I ask you!

Anyway, damn the torpedoes...give 'em nowt I say................
Bufferstop

Re: Cookies?

Post by Bufferstop »

We have to have and update your consent to cookies to keep the hosting company happy.
John W
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
End2end

Post by End2end »

One wonders, as we are mainly in England, why they are not called biscuits? :?: :lol:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
centenary

Post by centenary »

inoffapost wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:39 pm Just tried to log in and was greeted by a cookie confirmation request box. Never had this on here before. Something new?
I hate this particular one as it is an 'accept all' or 'confirm choice' deal. All the consents are turned off, which is good, but the 'legitimate interest' buttons are all on and have to be turned off individually if you are not prepared to accept 'legitimate interest', which is bad! In my book anyway.4

Whats it all about I ask?What do these vendors want to know what a bunch of old duffers on a model railway site are looking at? I ask you!

Anyway, damn the torpedoes...give 'em nowt I say................
It's just one of that wonderful EU's archaic rules hosting sites have to observe.
Phred

Post by Phred »

Hmm. I've never been asked to accept cookies on this site. There is a 'Delete cookies' button on the bottom right hand side of this page though. I just assume that the dark forces on the web (or net or whatever we're supposed to call it these days) are always watching and recording.
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

I have to use the "Accept all" feature as if I put do not accept it won't let me log in or type.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

If cookies worry you, when you have finished, log off then delete cookies. It will just mean that you will have to enter both ID and password next time you visit. You may also get some adverts for things you no interest in.(So what's different).
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
End2end

Post by End2end »

I don't get any ads or cookie pop ups whatsoever.
I use the BRAVE browser.
https://brave.com/
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
kebang

Post by kebang »

Thats a great tip E2E! Just installed it to test it and its blocking ads on every site I visited. (Much better than conventional blockers on other browsers I use!)
End2end

Post by End2end »

kebang wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:23 am Thats a great tip E2E! Just installed it to test it and its blocking ads on every site I visited. (Much better than conventional blockers on other browsers I use!)
A pleasure to be of assistance. :)

You'll also notice in the top right hand corner of Brave 3 horizontal lines. If you click on that you can also open up a "New private window with Tor".
This will increase the privacy level even further and bypass blocks to websites our unelected PM / government has put in place.

You can also change the settings within Brave to block other search engines.
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building