What desk light do you use for the your workstation?

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
InFullSteam

What desk light do you use for the your workstation?

Post by InFullSteam »

Just any old light or a LED one or what?
End2end

Re: What desk light do you use for the your workstation?

Post by End2end »

Cheap and cheerful.... with magnifier.
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8561723 ... ss:2:363:1
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

I use a near fifty year old daylight twin fluourescent with a diffuser, on a counterbalanced swing arm bench mount, salvaged from an operation I managed, still working my way through the spare tubes... (US design, converted for 240V by 'Thousand and One Lamps' somewhere in Sarf London.)
Bigglesof266

Post by Bigglesof266 »

LED, currently in my primary model space/desk this Eocean one bought in January of this year. Prior to that, from 2019 to early this year this Taotronics one which I still have and use. Also a superb and reliable light. Search Amazon UK if that's your domicile. A good chance the former will be marketed universally. The latter model has been superseded/obsoleted by Taotronics and is NLA from Amazon.

For many years prior to availability of inexpensive but solidly performing LED desk lamps I used an Ottlite, but the outrageous cost, failure rate (lifespan) and relative local scarcity of their proprietary fluro tubes ended that association. In terms of light they were an excellent lamp, but ridiculously expensive to maintain. Fortunately, today inexpensive LED lamps combined with Chinese production & technology have rendered them obsolete/redundant.
Phred

Post by Phred »

The cheapest LED self adhesive strip I could find on eBay mounted under an overhead shelf and a magnifier with built-in LED light on the workbench.
Buggleskelly

Post by Buggleskelly »

Anglepoise magnifier with built in LED lights, especially in winter months. Can clamp the lamp to any point around the edge of my desk.