Perseverance Manor chassis kit

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
AJFE 2488

Perseverance Manor chassis kit

Post by AJFE 2488 »

Had a nice little road trip from the West Midlands down to Didcot yesterday for the "Gathering of Castles" event and after having a good mooch inside the sales coach, I managed to find an etched brass chassis kit for a 00 gauge Manor on sale for a tenner so got myself a nice little bargain there.
It was sold as found so came away with one etched frame with the chassis parts on, another with wheel weights, cranks and what I'm assuming are a pair of brake rods for the chassis. Inside the pack was another etched frame marked BCU2 and after a bit of research it looks like a Loco Bogie Compensating Unit.

The pack did come with a manufacturers information sheet detailing all the bits and pieces needed to complete the kit however unlike the 57xx chassis kit I had that was by the same manufacturer, this one did not have any instructions included. I have a few years ago built up a Comet Models Chassis kit for a Manor so i do have a vague idea on how to put the main chassis together. However, it would be nice to have had the instructions showing how the bogie goes together as it is very different to the Comet Models kit. Then again since I will need to get hold of a motion kit to complete it I could do with getting hold of the same bogie kit I got with the Comet Kit. Either way its going to be an interesting project for me.