Space for 6 more baseboards

What are you up to on your workbench
Bufferstop

Space for 6 more baseboards

Post by Bufferstop »

Eat your heart out Geoff, from the guy who has no shortage of space. Look what I've done to the glory hole under my layout
20230215_172920.jpg
Room in there for six 4'6"x 13"x 9" boards in mirrored pairs, They'll slide in and out rather like bodies in the morgue. :D
And there's still room for spare lengths of timber etc on the floor. The next installment will be taking off the LH rails putting the hardboard backs on the shelves and refitting the rails to hold them in place.
It was the original backs to the shelves bowing out from the number of books in there that set me off on this epic construction. I no longer have to procrastinate about the finishing touches to the layout. When they are done I can start the next. I fancy a quayside with 0-4-0 tanks dodging around, perhaps the odd wagon turntable, something like the arrangement they had at Dolgellau.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Dad-1

Re: Space for 6 more baseboards

Post by Dad-1 »

Jealous, Jealous, Jealous,

I'd love safe space for 1 board 4ft X 1ft !!
I already know what the track would be, scratch built and for nothing bigger than 0-4-0.
My Ruston 48DS always amazes me !

Now then it's a waiting game.

Geoff T.
Admin4

Re: Space for 6 more baseboardsi

Post by Admin4 »

Intriguing John, small is the way to go. My four foot micro is so playable it’s getting in the way of developing the rest of my railway room.