Bachmann Spring Releases Video

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Richard08

Bachmann Spring Releases Video

Post by Richard08 »

Though not my interest per se, I gave it a look. Stand out item? Who in hell thought that new logo is a good idea, it looks like they are selling pool balls and/or infant toys! Nil point.
centenary

Re: Bachmann Spring Releases Video

Post by centenary »

The OO 37s in green were tasty!
inoffapost

Re: Bachmann Spring Releases Video

Post by inoffapost »

well, I didn't see a video but I have been looking through what they will be presenting.

For me personally, a real highlight is a further release of the JJA Autoballaster, in an updated 'aged' livery.

Sadly, I'm not a Bachman OO club member and the JJA's will only be available as a collectors club edition. However, even if I was at 95 quid price tag is pretty staggering. I mean, the tooling is already done so it is essentially a re-issue of a very successful model. I would like a few more but not at 95 pounds each. The model is personal favourite, me having been the project manager for the actual wagon with Tiphook Rail. Fantastic to see they are still in operation after 20 years, particularly as the original hopper was built by Arbel Fauvet in 1988!
I've been fortunate to acquire a dozen a couple of years ago at reasonable prices, all under 40 and 5 were brand new. JJA second hand prices are themselves running at between 75-90. The model is an excellent representation of the real thing, although I note the revised model still doesn't have any discharge chute extensions, unless they are being offered in a spare parts bag. At 95 they really should be.