Kernow Steam Railmotor order extension date?

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Tiddles

Kernow Steam Railmotor order extension date?

Post by Tiddles »

As you may recall the cut off time was 31st December 2022. After that the order would be automatically canceled.

I did email them to ask them to cancel my order.

Then today 25th January 2023 I get an email saying the cut off date is now 14th February 2023. And the expected (subject to change) delivery date is the 3rd quarter of 2023 (August/September?). When it was originally April or May 2023.

"This is the second email we have sent. The deadline for responses to this offer is 14th February 2023. If we have not heard from you by this date we will assume you no longer want the model and will cancel your order. You will not be able to take advantage of this offer after we have cancelled your order.

You can view further details about these models on our website –

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p ... -Railmotor

Many thanks for your continued support with this project. Further updates will be given on our website and our weekly email newsletter, including the expected delivery date once the models have left China. At present we are aiming for 3rd Quarter of this year, but this may of course change."
The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, “Linking 13 Great States With The Nation.”
Bigmet

Re: Kernow Steam Railmotor order extension date?

Post by Bigmet »

Given the previous explanation from the owner that the financial position was tight, and that deposits to reduce the amount he would have to borrow to fund production would be helpful; I'd say this extension is simply explained as 'go for as many deposits as possible'...
centenary

Post by centenary »

I really dont see what the beef is here.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Possibly the same as mine with the DWP, having informed them that my (now late) father should have his attendance allowance cancelled from date X, and being assured that was all that was required. Now I have 9 page document to fill in: to what purpose?...
Tiddles

Post by Tiddles »

Bigmet wrote:Given the previous explanation from the owner that the financial position was tight, and that deposits to reduce the amount he would have to borrow to fund production would be helpful; I'd say this extension is simply explained as 'go for as many deposits as possible'...
Not taking deposit, only full payment upfront.
Tiddles

Post by Tiddles »

centenary wrote:I really dont see what the beef is here.
First being firmly told that all orders will be automatically cancelled if not paid for in full by 31st December 2022. Then on the 25 January 2023 the deadline is now the 14th February 2023. No orders paid for in full that by that date will be automatically cancelled.

Does this mean that the orders that got automatically cancelled on January 1st 2023 have been reinstated.

Original possible delivery date was May 2023 but it is now September 2023 but that is subject to change.

If you had paid in full in December 2022 expecting your model 5 months later. You are now waiting 9 months and that's not guaranteed as its already been extended by 4 months.

I had already cancelled my order so was supposed to get this message some weeks later.

I wonder if they have done this because they have lost a lot of orders. Either from the automatic cancellations and/or people canceling due to the need pay in full plus the vague delivery date.
centenary

Post by centenary »

Tiddles wrote:
First being firmly told that all orders will be automatically cancelled if not paid for in full by 31st December 2022. Then on the 25 January 2023 the deadline is now the 14th February 2023. No orders paid for in full that by that date will be automatically cancelled.

Does this mean that the orders that got automatically cancelled on January 1st 2023 have been reinstated.

Original possible delivery date was May 2023 but it is now September 2023 but that is subject to change.

If you had paid in full in December 2022 expecting your model 5 months later. You are now waiting 9 months and that's not guaranteed as its already been extended by 4 months.

I had already cancelled my order so was supposed to get this message some weeks later.

I wonder if they have done this because they have lost a lot of orders. Either from the automatic cancellations and/or people canceling due to the need pay in full plus the vague delivery date.
Let it go mate. You dont seem to appreciate businesses are struggling to make ends meet nor that there are issues in the supply chain that exacebate the problems.

I went to my local Asda the other day. Flavoured water had gone up from 45p to 70p a litre, they limited me to 2 boxes of eggs and my favourite pickle was out of stock and they didnt know when the next deliver was.
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

Tiddles wrote:

If you’ve already cancelled your order, then why worry, don’t pay now and you won’t get anything, order cancelled. Probably just a glitch that you’ve not been taken off the mailing list. Even if they have not actually cancelled your order, just don’t pay…
Tiddles

Post by Tiddles »

centenary wrote:
Tiddles wrote:

Let it go mate. You dont seem to appreciate businesses are struggling to make ends meet nor that there are issues in the supply chain that exacebate the problems.

I went to my local Asda the other day. Flavoured water had gone up from 45p to 70p a litre, they limited me to 2 boxes of eggs and my favourite pickle was out of stock and they didnt know when the next deliver was.
I perfectly know about supply chain problems as they are affecting the construction industry too.

What I don't understand is new extension of the payment deadline. I do understand the much lately delivery date is probably due to supply problems in or from China.

Having never pre ordered a loco before or had any dealing with Kernow before. I wonder if this sort of thing is "normal".

I didn't contact them in December and found them to be less than friendly.
Free_at_last

Post by Free_at_last »

Tiddles wrote:I wonder if they have done this because they have lost a lot of orders. Either from the automatic cancellations and/or people canceling due to the need pay in full plus the vague delivery date.
Being announced in 2014 a lot of folk who ordered back then may have snuffed it since, and have not notified Kernow.
Pete.
Gauge is not spelt guage. Remember to put another "m" in remeber. Manufacturers has two "r"s in.
When you buy something, you have bought it, not brought it.
Before you post, are you really LOL and do you NEED to tell us?
centenary

Post by centenary »

Tiddles wrote:
What I don't understand is new extension of the payment deadline. I do understand the much lately delivery date is probably due to supply problems in or from China.

Having never pre ordered a loco before or had any dealing with Kernow before. I wonder if this sort of thing is "normal".

I didn't contact them in December and found them to be less than friendly.
He's trying to stay in business, that's why the deadline date has been extended. Happens all the time, that's why companies advertising locally on radio or tv say 'Sale extended!'
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

It has arrived and is in the hands of some owners. Positive reports of both appearance and running.
Tiddles

Post by Tiddles »

This is the first review I have seen of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs8iteZ ... %27sTrains