DCC on DC test track

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
barney121e

DCC on DC test track

Post by barney121e »

Hi

I have some N Gauge locos that i want to test before trying to sell them. I know one at least has a dcc decoder fitter. Can i use a dc test track to make sure it is running ok?

Cheers
centenary

Re: DCC on DC test track

Post by centenary »

barney121e wrote:Hi

I have some N Gauge locos that i want to test before trying to sell them. I know one at least has a dcc decoder fitter. Can i use a dc test track to make sure it is running ok?

Cheers
Do you know if you changed the cv(29?) to prevent running on DC? If you havent, it should run on DC but that wouldnt say whether it runs ok on DCC. If you have no DCC equipment to test it, Id be inclined to take the decoder out and re instate the DC blanking chip then, test it on DC. If you dont have the DC blanking chip, is there anyone near you who can DCC test the locos for you.

You might not get the best price for your stock if you say they're DCC fitted but only tested on DC.
barney121e

Post by barney121e »

centenary wrote:
barney121e wrote:Hi

Cheers
Do you know if you changed the cv(29?) to prevent running on DC? If you havent, it should run on DC but that wouldnt say whether it runs ok on DCC. If you have no DCC equipment to test it, Id be inclined to take the decoder out and re instate the DC blanking chip then, test it on DC. If you dont have the DC blanking chip, is there anyone near you who can DCC test the locos for you.

You might not get the best price for your stock if you say they're DCC fitted but only tested on DC.
Can test as have both types of equipment, but not totally sure which locos are Dc and DCC. Will spend an evening in the week working out which is which.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Does your DCC system have a programme track output? If so put each loco in turn on the programme track and make an address change. If no decoder is present the DCC system will report a fault code for 'no decoder'. Those that have a decoder can then be tested on DCC, those without a decoder on DC.
barney121e

Post by barney121e »

Cheers

All sorted thanks. And all headed to ebay.
End2end

Post by End2end »

You might find some buyers here on the forum rather than going through the faff of the bay. :wink:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread