Cricut Makers

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
CandO

Cricut Makers

Post by CandO »

Hello again everybody, not been around for about a year but not done much with the N gauge layout either so I've had plenty of time to watch videos.
I've seen an increasing number of people using Cricut makers to cut their scratchbuild buildings with and I, personally, think that the results generally look a lot more neater than making freehand. Its even more pronounced around windows and doors. The questions I'd like to ask is is it worth investing in one to aid in the scratchbuild process and how does the machine cope with the obviously small windows which you get with N Gauge?
Thanks in advance guys! :D
gibetb

Re: Cricut Makers

Post by gibetb »

Silhouette is an alternative to Cricut. I bought one last summer, and for the time being, used it only to make this H0 scale building : https://www.instagram.com/p/ClO-h2tDAsT ... _copy_link.

I plan to use it for a N scale layout, so I will see if it's good for both scales...
CandO

Post by CandO »

That's a nice build which highlights the uniformity of windows and doors very well. Did it cut all the fine details in the canopy or is that some other medium?
gibetb

Post by gibetb »

Yes, all has been cut with the Silhouette.
CandO

Post by CandO »

gibetb wrote:Yes, all has been cut with the Silhouette.
Great stuff :D