BR 20t Brave Van (ABS Kit)

What are you up to on your workbench
Richard08

BR 20t Brave Van (ABS Kit)

Post by Richard08 »

So over the weekend I managed to exit up the 45' bank ('quick way out') out of the festival fire pit area without :
a) Falling flat on my face, or
b) Having a heart attack.
As the music takes a back seat for a while I'm now free to get back to slicing/burning fingers again. The first project to get attention is the ABS 20t BR brake van. One of the lamp irons fell off, the roof is not fixed yet (ducket windows not yet glazed) and the tail lamp irons need straightening up and painting, but otherwise all good. Well, except the four blunders (more 1 blunder x 4). There's just something about this kit. On reflection the gaps between the planks probably need a little more definition, the chalk's not playing ball with paint on this one so some very careful brush work needed. And toning down the white handrails a bit. The sack truck and milepost finally got undercoated!
DSC01458.resized.JPG
Bigmet

Re: BR 20t Brave Van (ABS Kit)

Post by Bigmet »

Looking very tidy. I suspect the late Adrian would be satisfied that you are giving his kit an appropriate degree of attention.

You can't just leave us with the escape from the musical pit, was it Stravinsky's Firebird that prompted the exit?
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

Bigmet wrote: You can't just leave us with the escape from the musical pit, was it Stravinsky's Firebird that prompted the exit?
It was three AM and the communal fire was getting a bit low (it was dammed cold). Having failed to die, I strolled back to the camper van field and realised I had no idea what the camper van in use looked like except it was red (I only drove it, never saw the outside). Took about an hour to find it, using the key fob. On Sunday I was standing outside a tent with a massive dancing glowing octopus and half a dozen glowing massive dancing jelly fish while Our New Robot Overlords strolled by (I did pledge allegiance, just in case), and the band played a hymn to The Squid God. Not a whole lot of Stravinsky going on, a bit more Stockhausen ;-)
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

I knew there was a reason for enjoying music in a concert hall with a comfy chair to sit in, and all trot off home at 10pm. 8)