MMP ZFV DOGFISH

What are you up to on your workbench
Richard08

Re: MMP ZFV DOGFISH

Post by Richard08 »

And tis done. The errant handwheel hasn't turned up yet. Next step is bath time. This was going to be a seller, but I kind of like it so it will stay - Engineers green should look nice.
DSC01528.resized.JPG
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

Finally the painting & decorating department has got round to the Dogfish. There's a whole world of liveries these have had over the years, I was torn between 'bauxiteish' (more rust really) and the snazzy Engineers Olive Green. I went for the green, but this turned out a bit of a nightmare on the transfers front - no one does a set for this specific livery. Which I only found after painting. So here's the outcome - the various elements are in the right places, but not actually quite what they should be. I could have probably got it exact using elements from a number of different sheets (there's already three been used to get this far!) but expense... Some light weathering to follow, particularly toning down the white - it looks kind of plastic in it's perfection. Still haven't found the errant hand wheel, or a source for replacement. It's in the loft somehwere . Cue 'Outer Limits' music.
DSC01943.resized.JPG
Nice to be having a Camera Cooperation Day, it must be in a good mood.
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Hi Richard08,

I do like a Catfish, or Dogfish wagon, but that in 'O' is a magnificent beast.

Geoff T
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Very impressive.