Ex Milk Tank

What are you up to on your workbench
Richard08

Ex Milk Tank

Post by Richard08 »

The exGWR milk tank finally got it's paint. Intended to show the wagon in it's final days in departmental use, waste oil. Working from a picture on Paul Bartlett's excellent site, this livery has the advantage that bar some elctro-flashes no transfers are required, not even a running number - just something on the sole bar I can't make out. As ever the photo reveals that one of the tank straps needs re-fixing... and I've whacked the vac pipe. Obviously buffers and screw couplings to be fitted when the paint is really dry.
DSC01372.resized.JPG
Bigmet

Re: Ex Milk Tank

Post by Bigmet »

One option is not to fix anything. Many will remember one such which was abandoned on a siding near KX, and which steadily fell to pieces over the years before removal. Sufficiently far gone that parts of the outer cladding rusted away to reveal the insulation...
Richard08

Re: Ex Milk Tank

Post by Richard08 »

After other adventures I finally got round to sorting out transfers. The original plan was to work to a photo that had no markings at all, but I found another with a number and some electro-flashes. There's something above the number in this new photo that's bee removed, but I cant make out what it was, so quietly ignoring mode is on. There was also 'something missing' - lamp brackets. While fitting these I realised the the bars between the bottom of the W irons were missing from the kit - so now added. I think it really is complete now.
DSC01932.resized.JPG
[Having a bad camera day...]
Now I'm looking at those ladders - a bit chinky. Maybe....