Heljan Gresley O2 2-8-0 in GNR style

Discuss Heljan Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Bigmet

Heljan Gresley O2 2-8-0 in GNR style

Post by Bigmet »

It has been something of a wait since annoucement back in 2013, but I see that Heljan have told retailers that the second tranche of these models - including the versions featuring GNR style cabs and six wheel tenders - are expected in June (this year, for the sceptical) which rather implies the container is loaded on a ship 'somewhere'.

https://www.lner.info/locos/O/o2.php
Chops

Re: Heljan Gresley O2 2-8-0 in GNR style

Post by Chops »

A most striking locomotive. Too bad it has to be made by Helljam. Where it "on a ship" at the bottom of the sea, I would care less.
Nessie rocks!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Yes, I would prefer a more conventional construction! But there it is, this is what is available as a RTR model of this subject, and I don't attempt anything beyond smaller six-coupleds by DIY these days.
Chops wrote:...Were it "on a ship" at the bottom of the sea, I would care less.
More likely in a lost container, 'gone overboard' from a stack in heavy weather? Bound to happen eventually ...
Chops

Post by Chops »

These containers, I am told, remain submerged like ice bergs- just below the water level. Not like to do much to a regular ship of the line, but I am told they can be lethal to the yachting crowd; those who navigate the seven seas in smaller craft. What a way to go. Sunk by a load of Helldamns.
Nessie rocks!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

These appear to be delayed - quelle surprise! - so waiting patiently.
Chops wrote:These containers, I am told, remain submerged like ice bergs- just below the water level. Not like to do much to a regular ship of the line, but I am told they can be lethal to the yachting crowd; those who navigate the seven seas in smaller craft..
Was down West last week and renewing acquaintance with keen yachting types. They were pretty sangine on this subject, for inshore sailing around the UK coast. Simple reason, the combination of the action of vigorous currents and tides, and the numerous opportunities for wrecking on rocks around our coast. '"It's rather like a weir trap on a river" was the way one of them put it.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Bigmet wrote:It has been something of a wait since annoucement back in 2013, but I see that Heljan have told retailers that the second tranche of these models - including the versions featuring GNR style cabs and six wheel tenders - are expected in June (this year, for the sceptical)...
Heljan have revised to Q2 2023, the last month of which will be June... Sceptic win.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Now not expected until Q2-ish 2024.

And not only but also, the U1 2-8-0+0-8-2T Beyer-Garratt banker. Is that big enough for you sir?