DigiTrains & Sprog 2

What do you want from a model railway shop?
centenary

DigiTrains & Sprog 2

Post by centenary »

I decided to get a Sprog 2 to make life easier for programming DCC chips. Searched the net and not many places sell Sprog but Digitrains came up. Went to the site and they have a nice picture of the Sprog, USB drive and cable. Description says the Sprog is compatible with all DCC brands. Power supply required.

Attempts to pay with one of my cards, payment declined. Maybe I mistyped my card details, try again, declined again. Nothing wrong with the card of my details. Couple of days later, I decide to try again with a different card and payment is taken no issue.

I recently got the Sprog and found no USB drive as per the picture. No mention in the ad that the USB is not not provided. The instructions now say you have to download them.

So beware if you do buy a Sprog, the USB Drive is no longer supplied and is a separate item to buy.
Suzie

Re: DigiTrains & Sprog 2

Post by Suzie »

You should not need a USB drive.

Most people will use the Sprog with DecoderPro which is part of JMRI, and this is a free download. It is always best to keep up with the latest download so that you have the most up to date decoder definitions.
Peterm

Re: DigiTrains & Sprog 2

Post by Peterm »

What did Digitrains say when you contacted them? I've dealt with them for a good few years and always found them helpful and reputable.

I use a Sprog2 along with decoder pro for exactly the reason you want. I can't remember if the USB cable came with the Sprog, but if not, they don't cost a fortune.
Pete.