Hi there

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
CAuriville

Hi there

Post by CAuriville »

Hi there everyone,

I'm Chris, from just outside Stamford in Lincolnshire. I'm a somewhat returning enthusiast to the hobby.

I used to be on here many years ago (over 10 years ago) but due to many internal battles with my own mental health lead me to leave the community and the hobby to try to work on myself (I'm still a work in progress!). Just from hanging around here for a few weeks without posting I've seen many familiar names (Bufferstop and Dad-1 for starters)

I hope to be able to start a layout this year, that is, if I can get over my anxiety on spending money on something that is for myself over say, something sensible like a new hob for the kitchen. Unfortuantely anything I do is likely to be very sporadic and in fits and starts but hey-ho, we'll give it a bash and see where I get to. Ultiamtely, I'm trying to return to the hobby to give myself and my mind an opportunity to focus on something when things arent all that great.

Look forward to getting to know you all

Cheers

Chris!
Chris
Dad-1

Re: Hi there

Post by Dad-1 »

Welcome back Chris,

Quite a few of us oldies still around.
Remember nobody here puts pressure on, do anything at your speed, as & when you like.

When it comes to expenditure it can be strictly controlled by working on what I would call
compact projects. From 10 years or so ago I was doing a large 12 board layout. Now I realise
that I get as much fun out of a 48" long shunting puzzle at a fraction of the cost much less
construction time. I'm enjoying the simple life !!

Geoff T.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Hi Chris and welcome back. From what you've said I think I know which Chris you are, and your old user name will doubtless come to me at some inopportune moment in the next few hours, and you are still welcome back :)
John W
aka Bufferstop.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Hi Chris. Welcome back on board.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
End2end

Post by End2end »

Hi Chris. Welcome back. :)
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread