FALLER ROADWAY - FINALLY WORKING AFTER 4 YEARS

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
TEAMYAKIMA

FALLER ROADWAY - FINALLY WORKING AFTER 4 YEARS

Post by TEAMYAKIMA »

I have been working on my Faller roadway system as a scenic feature on and off for four years. I have a 26ft x 10ft exhibition layout and THB it's never been my #1 priority, but it has been for the last 2/3 months and I finally got it finished this week. I/we have never had it working at any of the 4 shows we've been to because it has not been reliable enough, but now we will at our next show in November.

The biggest problem lately has been the level crossing. It all has to work automatically, the operators are far too busy to get involved. This is a demonstration test video I made - just a light loco and imagine that it has already triggered the barriers to come down before I started videoing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz41kPPs5zk
Mountain

Re: FALLER ROADWAY - FINALLY WORKING AFTER 4 YEARS

Post by Mountain »

It looks good to me. :)
SRman

Post by SRman »

That looked really effective. I'll look forward to seeing more of this. 8)
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Hi TEAMYAKIMA,

Very good, moving vehicles a bonus, but linking in with the crossing brilliant.
I think I'll leave this to others. It takes all my concentration to just run the railway.
Then the logistics of more stuff to carry and get working when taking to an exhibition.

Geoff T.