In order to take the best advantage of the machine, you not only need to choose a vacuum cleaner from the best vacuum cleaner brands, but you also must choose ones that suit your needs.
Let's learn about what is a good vacuum for your needs through the unique features and strengths and weaknesses of different types of vacuum cleaners in this article to find the best vacuum cleaner for your home.
1. Canister Vacuum Cleaners
The canister vacuum cleaner is a vacuum cleaner with three main noticeable parts - the nozzle head connects to the long handle, a long plastic pipe to guide the nozzle head to the dust container, and a large dust container.
The machine operates with power plugs directly from an electrical outlet in the house when activated. Currently, the main types of canister vacuum cleaners in the home are used. When not in use, the dust box, nozzle and blower can be removed for easy cleaning, maintenance and stacking.
The canister vacuum cleaner is perhaps the most widely used and manufactured vacuum cleaner. It used to be among the best vacuum cleaners in the world before robotic vacuum cleaners were produced.
- Having long dust pipes makes it easier to clean staircases and places where people often find difficult to reach
- Vacuums more thoroughly over large areas
- Can work continuously for many hours without having to charge the battery
- Has a large nozzle, powerful engine, fast cleaning speed
- Too cumbersome to use for large areas and for long periods of time
- Cannot clean up small furniture such as sofa, bookshelves, and curtains
- When moving to another area to vacuum, you have to find another power source nearby to connect, which is very time consuming.
2. Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
The handheld vacuum cleaner is much more compact than canister vacuums and can be held and handled easily with just one hand.
This type of vacuum cleaner has a dust box located right in the body of the machine, usually operating on a rechargeable battery instead of using a direct power source like canister vacuum cleaners.
This type of vacuum cleaner is suitable for cleaning in tight spaces or objects in the room due to differently-designed small nozzles. The handheld vacuum cleaner can be long in size to vacuum carpets, floors, or round and compact for vacuuming on sofas, curtains, storage shelves, computer keyboards, pillows, and books.
Handheld vacuum cleaners are very popular for cleaning dust in cars, traveling, and for outdoor use, which is also the reason that turns it into the best rated vacuum cleaners by those who have pets and cars.
- Light weight, compact-sized, flexible, and easy to use with just one hand
- Equipped with several dedicated and specialized small nozzle heads
- Has the ability to properly absorb small and difficult-to-reach objects and tight places such as computers, desks, bookshelves, car seats, blankets, and mattresses
- Compact, easy to store, clean and maintain
- The suction power is not very strong
- The run time is limited because it is usually battery operated, can only be operated as long as the battery is charged
- Unsuitable for using in large areas
Upright vacuum cleaners are often called bagless vacuum cleaners because there is no need to buy additional storage bags when using them. These upright vacuum machines are voted as the “Best rated vacuum cleaners” by people who want strong enough devices to handle a thorough cleaning routine and are still easier to carry around than the canister vacuums.
The dust box is easy to disassemble and clean. However, when using a bagless vacuum cleaner, discharging the dust can make the dust go everywhere into the air, so it is not suitable for people with allergies or asthma.
Each model has a dust box installed right inside the machine’s body. In the dust box, dust can be collected through a paper bag, a cloth to hold, or a plastic dust box that comes with the machine to match the size of the dust bin.
A vacuum cleaner that uses a bag requires you to purchase bags separately to put in the storage compartment. After using it, you just take it out, throw it away, and replace the bag in a very hygienic and fast way.
You can buy cloth bags, plastic bags or paper bags for collecting dust depending on your needs. For those reasons, upright vacuum machines are currently the most mentioned on the list of “Best vacuum cleaners on the market” for years.
✲✲✲ Selected For You: Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners: Which One Is Right for You?
- Not as cumbersome as canister vacuum cleaners as it has similarly strong suction power
- Easy to move around the house to clean up
- Modern and stylish design with many trendy models and sizes
- Vacuums more thoroughly and efficiently over large areas
- Can work continuously for many hours without having to charge the battery
- Has a large nozzle, powerful motor, and fast cleaning speed
- It is impossible to clean dust from small furniture and narrow places such as furniture, bookshelves, and curtains
- When changing to another area to vacuum, you have to find another power source nearby to connect, which is very time consuming.
Robotic vacuum cleaners are pre-programmed devices to vacuum and clean up the house. They can observe and create a moving map on their own. In addition, the robot can also suck out any dirt no more than 2.5 micrometres, clean tangled hair, animal hair, and the trash need not be cleaned by hand or other support tools. You can completely replace a smart robot vacuum cleaner for brooms and mops.
Robot vacuum cleaners are equipped with modern features and technologies such as activating them via wifi and smartphones, timer operation, creating indoor moving maps, and self-charging batteries. They are also considered the best rated vacuum cleaners by busy people or those who don’t have time to clean up their space everyday.
- Due to pre-programmed and remote activation, you can clean up the house without even being at home.
- Due to the strong suction power, the robot can suck out all dirt, including tangled hair, and animal hair.
- Compact design helps the robot to move to every corner of the house such as under tables, beds, and wardrobes.
- The noise is not very loud so it does not affect the family's activities during operation. Great for families with children and pets.
- Automatic robot vacuum cleaners are also capable of self-charging when the battery is low. Users do not have to perform any operations at all. Robots are much more convenient than regular vacuum cleaners or brooms.
- The ability to vacuum fine dust in the air, tangled hair, and animal hair is a feature that many people love. Because it cleans the air, increases the ability to protect the family’s health.
- Thanks to its own compartment and dust filter, it is easy to clean the robot. After the dust box is full, you just need to take out the container, empty the dust out, clean it up and then replace
- With the ability to work fully automatically housewives will have plenty of time to rest and take care of themselves and their family.
- Due to its high durability and long life, households will not have to spend a lot of money on cleaning tools.
- Large types of waste cannot be absorbed
- Dust can only be collected from floors and carpets
- Difficult to find replacement parts when there is a problem or a need to replace accessories
- The cost of repairing and replacing parts is quite high
They are professional and reliable in helping you find your best products. They also have a list of Top 10 vacuum cleaners for each category of vacuum cleaner.
We hope you will find a vacuum cleaner that is most suitable for your home thanks to the information in this article. If you find the article useful, please share it with many others.