Commuter layout required

Basic electrical and electronics, such as DC/Analog control.
KenGorrod

Commuter layout required

Post by KenGorrod »

I have a 12 foot counter top but only 18 inches high

I wish to run a shuttle service between stationa (at one end) and station b (at the other) with a station c as an intermediate stop.

I have the track, points crossings dcc knowledge etc (at least to a level that will get me started) but what I need is advice on the rolling stock.

Ideally I would like say a double coach unit capable of running forward and back with no requirement to use a turntable (not enough room amongst other considerations). Ideally the units should have lights at both ends , header boards etc. - just like most commuter services in and out of Waterloo for example.

Open to all suggestions please

Ken

Mod: Topic moved to forums Electrical/Electronic section where it should receive more views and comments
Bigmet

Re: Commuter layout required

Post by Bigmet »

Is your intention to use UK N gauge? (In OO a two car unit is the best part of two feet long, and the distances between your planned three station stops won't be much longer.)

There is a small selection of 2 car EMU's in N from Farish/Bachmann, but I have no idea of their spec.. (Likewise in OO, I think Bachmann will be your first place to look for EMU's and will probably have the lights fit you are looking for, as the DMU's in their range are so equipped.)
Flashbang

Post by Flashbang »

Assume DC operation? Look for example at the excellent Heathcote Electronics Shuttle modules. Used in conjunction with their Infra Red detectors (IRDOT) they offer slow acceleration and slow deceleration and of course Middle station stops too.
http://www.heathcote-electronics.co.uk/ ... ntrol.html

BlockSignalling also produce a soft start, slow down module with intermediate station stop. Item SAS2-BR http://www.blocksignalling.co.uk/index. ... on-sas2-dc
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.
End2end

Post by End2end »

You didn't mention an era so what about a small loco and autocoach?
These would run loco first one way and autocoach first the other way negating the need for a turntable etc.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread