Peco points.

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
Pip196059

Peco points.

Post by Pip196059 »

In 2016 i designed several versions of a layout on Anyrail its was on an L shaped base board with 3 loops going around the whole board with various sidings. All the points i used on it were peco ST 5s and ST 6s which i now realise are not very good with certain trains and rolling stock. So i tried other peco poins on anyrail and can't seem to get them to fit in with the layout. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Bigmet

Re: Peco points.

Post by Bigmet »

The 'set track' (ST) pieces rely on a defined geometry to build up into a layout.

The better points in Peco's range are not made to the set track geometry, but instead are designed to be used with flexible track. (Such points can be integrated into a set track layout to an extent - there may be some constraints because the larger points require space that is not available - but you will have to make bespoke pieces of adapting track in order to fit them in.)