Custom Glazing

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
CandO

Custom Glazing

Post by CandO »

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that does custom glazing sheets? I've tried doing my own but the acetate sheet I'm using is meant for overhead projectors (are they still used?? :lol: ) and is too thin and I'm not sure anything thicker would go through the printer easily. I would also prefer white frames which can't be done on a normal household printer. I've looked at Scaleglaze but they don't have anything what I'm after and I can't see anything to say they can custom print... :roll:

Thanks in advance :D
Ironduke

Re: Custom Glazing

Post by Ironduke »

Custom in what way? Can you show an example of what you're after?
Regards
Rob
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

I have seen somewhere a liquid that can be used like a glue which forms a bubble across a window opening. Popular with model car enthusiasts I believe. I can't remember what it is called.
End2end

Post by End2end »

Mountain wrote:I have seen somewhere a liquid that can be used like a glue which forms a bubble across a window opening. Popular with model car enthusiasts I believe. I can't remember what it is called.
Glue n glaze by Deluxe Materials - https://deluxematerials.co.uk/products/glue-n-glaze
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
CandO

Post by CandO »

Ironduke wrote:Custom in what way? Can you show an example of what you're after?
They're basically factory north facing roof windows with the large bit in the middle being panelled rather than glazed.
windows.jpg
windows.jpg (262.39 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

so it's actually the frames you want customised?

You need a friend with a silhouette cutter or a 3d printer.
Or you could make it out of thin strips of Evergreen plastic glued on clear plastic sheet.
Or you could draw on some glazing bars using a white gel pen and a ruler.
Regards
Rob