Contributing photos

Enter this forum if you wish to help the growth of New Railway Modellers.
Neilw

Contributing photos

Post by Neilw »

I want to contribute a few wee articles with photos but I use an I pad and the photo files are always too big .
Is there any way you can alter the file sizes on the site here as you upload them .?
Bufferstop

Re: Contributing photos

Post by Bufferstop »

The board software can do some adjustment to image size "on the fly" but it's strictly limited. If you want to use the attachment option I'm afraid you will have to save a reduced size file before uploading, around 800 to 1000 pixels wide is best. If you use a third party photo hosting site (such as Flickr) they will offer you a range of file sizes and a public link which you can copy and paste into your posting. The link appears as [img]link%20text[/img] in your post. I try out one or two hosting sites they are all slightly different in the free hosting options and everyone has their favourites. It's best to ask us for help with the method you choose as it seems impossible to keep up to date with the variations in method that keep happening.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
End2end

Re: Contributing photos

Post by End2end »

Additionally to Bufferstops post, I'll add.....

Read this post about resizing photos quickly.
https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... ze#p652047

Although linking to your pictures via an external site is preferred (to save server space), here's how to upload your pictures to the forum.
https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... lit=upload
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread