Heljan Spares from Gaugemaster

Discuss Heljan Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
GeraldH

Heljan Spares from Gaugemaster

Post by GeraldH »

The good news is that some Heljan Spares are now available from Gaugemaster. The bad news... try finding the part you need by using the Heljan spares section of Gaugemaster's website... :)

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/magen ... es/id/834/
Gerald H - BNR Correspondent :-)

My layout: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=28854
Bigmet

Re: Heljan Spares from Gaugemaster

Post by Bigmet »

I suppose it's a cup half full job, let's be thankful that a retailer was prepared to take it on.
boxbrownie

Post by boxbrownie »

Bigmet wrote:I suppose it's a cup half full job, let's be thankful that a retailer was prepared to take it on.
Thankful....maybe.....but you notice now all the parts are separate not on the sprue, Howes sold the complete sprue of parts now Gauge,aster are selling the parts off the sprue.....the cynic in me says it makes a lot more money that way as a whole sprue of parts was usually £3-£5 from Howes and that had a lot of parts on it (admittedly some you never actually wanted though).......but as you say at least somebody has taken on the task.
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I doubt there's much profit in splitting up and cataloguing the parts on a sprue but it does mean (in theory) there's more chance of them having the part you want. Murphy's law says though that it's the same one or two items that everybody wants.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions