Can you identify these old O gauge Locos?

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
tim01

Can you identify these old O gauge Locos?

Post by tim01 »

Hi, I'm not an expert railway modeller but I have a collection of very battered clockwork O gauge models that belonged to my 90 yer old father in law's father, so probably date from some time before WWII ? All the models have been 'modified' and 'customised' but the locomotives must have been commercial. I'd be interested in any information. There are far too many photos to put on this forum, but you can view at http://www.cablesfarm.co.uk/model-trains/. Thanks for your help - let me know if you know anyone who would like to acquire them for restoration - I can't see I will have time to take on the task anytime soon although its a tempting project.
Tim
Buelligan

Re: Can you identify these old O gauge Locos?

Post by Buelligan »

Have you got any prices in mind? My father in law is in to old clockwork O gauge. Think he’s got most of what he wants but there might be something you’ve got that he’s interested in.

Cheers.
b308

Post by b308 »

They are probably Hornby O gauge stuff. There's a collectors society if you do a Google search, but as they've all been repainted and modified I wouldn't know what they were worth, probably not much.
Mountain

R9e: Can you identify these old O gauge Locos?

Post by Mountain »

I can see a mix of makes involved in regards to the locos. There used to be quite a few makes in those days supplying 0 gauge clockwork when it was the "In thing". A nice pre war collection.

Typical leading manufacturers were Bassett Lowke, Bing, Hornby etc...
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Hi Tim. Some (if not all) are Hornby'.

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/ind ... nby_Series gives a list.

I see some of yours on there.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought