Returning to N gauge

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Jdiosmio94

Returning to N gauge

Post by Jdiosmio94 »

Hello all

I'm returning to the hobby from roughly 15 years out, my plan is to purchase the Farish highlander set and model a very un-prototypical layout featuring a station and goods area with fiddle yard, pictured below are three options I considered, all feature a 3 lane goods yard with inglenook siding and then a station area comprised of two lines with a switchover for moving the loco from the front to the rear of the train. I will be using setrack due to space constraints even though I'm aware electrofrog points would probably be preferable.

I've planned the layout in anyrail with 3 possible configurations, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Attachments
Layout options.png
Byegad

Re: Returning to N gauge

Post by Byegad »

The loco and rolling stock may not handle the very tight radii of set-track. I don't own those items so can't help. Hopefully someone will be along to advise you on that soon. As to your options B and C seem workable.