Just Had An Adventure And Come Across A Garden Railway.

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
Mountain

Just Had An Adventure And Come Across A Garden Railway.

Post by Mountain »

Well. We had been up north last week planning to stay the night and come back for a mini holiday. We were going to look for a B&B in the Criccieth area. I brought my camping gear just incase. We didn't get to thr area until about 2100hrs, but unusually every resonably priced place like a B&B had no vacancies. Then we drove around in the dark looking for a campsite. We found one which said to phone on their noticeboard. We rang. No reply. In desperation we found a layby and tried to sleep in the carbut it was so uncomfy as we could not put the seats flat (Too much in the car) that we decided to head back home and arrived at 0330am.

Then a couple of days ago my Mum surprized me in the morning and said she had booked us into a B&B.
We went there. It has a large scale garden railway! I was in my element. Though most is G scale there is a small loop of SM32 where they have a horsedrawn tram. The tram would not run so... Well. You know me! I didn't have time or any modelling tools with me so I could not do the job I would have liked to have done, but I managed to make it work.. But on running, it was coming off the track. So I took my car tools out from my car and set to work. An hour or two later and a working tram and track. And they were really pleased! The horse does lean a little but it works.
Before we left I was able to clean the main running lines of the G scale track but I didn't have time to do it all. Just hoping I didn't disturb any electrical connections as the track... Well. I was impressed the locos were running on it as if it was a 7mm narrow gauge or 00, no way would it run! So much tarnish,muck and grease!
But it was fun! I was in my element working on the track etc. It is like what I do in 7mm narrow gauge... Only bigger. Though it is either LGB or Peco SM32 track, I found my 0-16.5 track scratchbuilding skills came in handy! I enjoyed!