Electrofrog Points

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Rich123

Electrofrog Points

Post by Rich123 »

Having nearly completed my current layout I'm starting to draw up plans for a small(ish) portable one. This time I will use Peco electrofrog points. Also, I plan to stick to analogue as some of my locos aren't wired to accept DCC. Can anyone suggest a book or website that will give very simple advice on how to wire the points and layout - and I do mean very simple as my knowledge of electronics etc is very limited. I have some of the Peco "Shows You How To" booklets but I would like to have something that is all in one place or book.
Roger (RJ)

Re: Electrofrog Points

Post by Roger (RJ) »

Just about everything electrical is covered on Brian Lambert's site, https://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/Electrical_Page_2.html Though it might not be quite as simple as you would like.
Brian2

Post by Brian2 »

Of course you could use the new 75 Code Bullhead Unifrog from Peco. No wiring apart from feeds and the odd isolation switch.

Even a Hornby Pug has little difficulty travelling over these points at quite low speeds......and they look good :)
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

The sooner Peco go over to Unifrog for all the better. Lets hope we don't have to wait as long as we did to get Electrofrog.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Alex3410

Post by Alex3410 »

My biggest bit of advice is to buy a point to play with, it really helped me to get my head around them
Hymirl

Post by Hymirl »

Bufferstop wrote:The sooner Peco go over to Unifrog for all the better. Lets hope we don't have to wait as long as we did to get Electrofrog.
These seem quite exciting. Why are we not talking more about this!
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

ATM they are only on a small fraction of Peco's ranges. They have said they'll appear on new introductions and retoolings. Dialogue with Peco, as distinct from the Railway Modeller tends to be a bit restricted, but they set their own agenda, and looking at their progress over the years you have to admit that they are getting it right for themselves.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
gppsoftware

Post by gppsoftware »

Rich123 wrote:...Can anyone suggest a book or website that will give very simple advice on how to wire the points and layout - and I do mean very simple as my knowledge of electronics etc is very limited. I have some of the Peco "Shows You How To" booklets but I would like to have something that is all in one place or book.
Please see http://www.mrol.com.au/Pages/Vu/LiveFrogWiring

Graham Plowman
Flashbang

Post by Flashbang »

Rich123 wrote:<SNIP>Can anyone suggest a book or website that will give very simple advice on how to wire the points and layout - and I do mean very simple as my knowledge of electronics etc is very limited. I have some of the Peco "Shows You How To" booklets but I would like to have something that is all in one place or book.
Try.... Link to web pages Select what sections from the list of pages menu you want to read. :D
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.