00 Gauge - Hartlepool

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
TheTrainGuy

00 Gauge - Hartlepool

Post by TheTrainGuy »

I have been thinking about this for a while. Is it actually possible to build a real working version of Hartlepool in the modern era? Most likely yes... but. It isn't. Most of the class 43 Grand Central HSTs have sold out so they are very rare. I could scale down to n gauge but then I can't run my original stock. I could even go back a couple of eras, but then I have the problem of new stock and any key changes to the station.
However, I'm only 15 and this could be a great future layout of better funding, yet a new variety of classes of trains could be scarce in the future!
I am really stuck for ideas but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a Grand Central HST from? In the future I will upload a track plan version of Hartlepool.
Dragonfly

Re: 00 Gauge - Hartlepool

Post by Dragonfly »

All I can suggest is keep checking Ebay, Hattons, and other second-hand sellers every so often, be patient, and eventually one will show up at a semi-reasonable price. Until then, just work on building the layout. There's no point holding off building a layout just for the sake of one train.
TheTrainGuy

Post by TheTrainGuy »

Thanks for the help!
dave27

Post by dave27 »

Anything is possible. I considered Hart Station to Seaton at one point,(in n gauge though). While you search for the Hst's ,you could run Grand Central Class 180's, Virgin HST's on diversions as per the last couple of years. The Network Rail NMT was a regular Saturday lunchtime regular. In the meantime you can amuse yourself with the regular Northern services and the GBRf workings. Have fun!
TheTrainGuy

Post by TheTrainGuy »

I've just added a track plan for Hartlepool. It will approximately 8ft by 2ft but separated into two sections (4ft by 2ft), so it will easy to transport to exhibitions. The fiddle yard will be at least 7ft long, so it will be capable of holding long trains.

Just thought i should add the real place as a comparison!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hartl ... -1.2078504
Attachments
Capture.PNG
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

The only time I have got on a train at Hartlepool was on a Private Charter going to Inverness. At the front was a couple of DRS Class 37s.
I also know Class 47s have been used on Charter Trains.

I hope that helps a little.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
conrail

Post by conrail »

Hi TheTrainGuy, do you live in Hartlepool? if so what was your occupation? asking because a friend whom I haven't seen for a few years had this layout
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

He's only 15.
Pete.
conrail

Post by conrail »

apologies Peterm and the trainguy, did read the orignal post but had a senior moment, friend had this Hartlepool layout