Gaugemaster Exhibition 1st/2nd Sept - Free entry

Flag up Exhibitions and Events in your area, or that others may not hear about.
End2end

Gaugemaster Exhibition 1st/2nd Sept - Free entry

Post by End2end »

Gaugemaster bi-annual exhibition is on this weekend Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd.
Opening Times - SAT 9:00am - 5:30pm SUN 10:00am - 4:00pm
Various scale layouts with train rides, societies, suppliers and free entry. :)
More info here:- http://www.gaugemaster.com/openweekend.html
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
End2end

Re: Gaugemaster Exhibition 1st/2nd Sept - Free entry

Post by End2end »

We visited the show and would say it was a great success. :)
Quite a few layouts of differing gauges with some amazing details and cameos that I really enjoyed. Some even made me laugh out loud. :lol:
That always seems to put a smile on the operators faces.
At one point I even helped out with the obligatory "You have a derailment!" then was humourously asked to stand in front of the layout for the rest of the day in case it happened again. :lol:
My best in show was a 009 gauge layout set during WWI by Peter Capon titled "Somewhere in France". Amazing and intense detail.

The show seemed bigger this year with some of the rear units alongside the outside "ride on" train open selling bits and pieces.
I managed to pick up a Dapol limited edition GPV GWR improvised gunpowder van for a ticket price of only £6.95 albeit with a damaged box, got to the till to pay and because of the show I got even more off coming in at £6.26. Great bargain! :D

One thing I failed to do was speak to DCC Concepts in depth.
They had 2 staff on thier stall but the chap I spoke to said that the other chap knew more about the technical side of things but he was being filmed at the time. I meant to go back to the stall to speak to the other chap but I forgot. :roll:

The sun was out and a beautiful day so the ride on train was in constant movement albeit only back and forth but was great to watch the steam then the diesel pulling the passengers.
Sadly I've left the camera in the car so cannot share any photos I took until Mrs End2end gets home later today.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread