Pierluk's layout

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Pierluk

Pierluk's layout

Post by Pierluk »

Hello,
I'm a newbie in 00 scale. I try to build a small layout and I drawn a track plan with Anyrail but it doesn't work. I surely made a few mistakes. I don't want to use flex-track. Does anyone could help me ? Thanks.
HORNBY 158 X 111.jpg
HORNBY 158 X 111 2.JPG
Last edited by Pierluk on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mountain

Re: Pierluk's layout

Post by Mountain »

Flexible track is the answer here. Make sure you use the same rail profile. For 00 gauge, to match Hornby track you need code 100 flexible track. It is also cheaper then sectional track per length used.
Emettman

Post by Emettman »

What is required to stay within complete pieces in the track geometry is to make the outer oval all R3 R609.

quick.jpg
Other things can be done to make the vertical connection work neatly, but they introduce the need for non standard straight lengths in the upper horizontals.

Chris
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."
Pierluk

Post by Pierluk »

Thanks for all your advices. They are very helpful.
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

If its going to be stuck down then i would really look into the flexitrack, it will make life easier getting it to line up and will probably be cheaper then buying the set track bits.

The only downside is your layout really needs to be stuck down & not taken up each time

if you have not tried it before pop to a local model shop and take a look at it / buy a length to play with first
Hymirl

Post by Hymirl »

You'll find in practice that a little gap like that will disappear in wiggle room.