New / Old - Little Weldon

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Dublo

Re: New / Old - Little Weldon

Post by Dublo »

I was proposing to use the kit chassis for the Schools, but if they are as free rolling as a Brick as you suggest. Then I shall have to have a rethink, if I use a proprietary chassis I may be able to power that therefore eliminating the powered carriage. Hmmm! Thanks for the heads up there Bufferstop.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

The RTR OO 4-4-0 chassis from Hornby's D49, Midalnd compound or Schools! will do the job, but there's a lot of carving to do inside the mouldings, as they weren't designed with any thought of fitting a mechanism. Getting additional weight in, balanced above the coupled wheels to deliver decent traction is another matter.
Dublo

Post by Dublo »

Hello all
Its been quite a while since I have been active on this forum, I did suffer from a loss of mojo for a while. But now it has returned I have been investigating buying a rolling chassis or indeed a powered one for my proposed schools project. The cost of these however doesn't seem to be much different than buying a second hand model itself. I have therefore put this project on the shelf for the moment. I have however been building Peco Wonderful Wagon and Airfix kits. I have been running Little Weldons first completely Kit built Freight train.
IMG_20240428_105746.jpg
IMG_20240428_105741.jpg
aleopardstail

Post by aleopardstail »

There is a very definite itch which kit building scratches

nicely done
Phred

Post by Phred »

The two blokes inspecting the hole in the ground is a nice touch. :)