My first attempt at 009 and the movies!

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
Builder

My first attempt at 009 and the movies!

Post by Builder »

Seems there is much to learn! with an android camera and a shaky hand,,not finished,I have a bit more to do on scenery, having changed a turnout and sorted out a few basic mistakes . but that is an age old excuse/problem! the loco and buildings are cut down a bit, as i think HO scale is a bit `large` looking for 009, What do others think? i have tried to modify most propriatory bits and pieces so they don`t look `out the box`, But as has been said,I am getting on a bit, so eyes/fingers not as nimble as they were!, so looking into 0n30 , (i purchased a porter 0-4-0 from Bachman!) which SWAMBO approves of, and she says I should build a Diorama of the US rocky`s maybe gold panning or logging!
Anyway ,this is the link to youtube, the only way to show on the forum until i learn to post pics!
009 coal quarry >>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qU_-zFhKsw

Might have to copy and paste !
carnehan

Re: My first attempt at 009 and the movies!

Post by carnehan »

What a great little layout you have to there. I like the idea of a Rockies based one - you already have elements of that in what you've produced. Look forward to more.

Paul
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Welcome to the forum

Grab the link and hit the "URL" button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qU_-zFhKsw

That's luverly Jim, thanks for sharing!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Great little layout, cross between a tail chaser and a rabbit warren, both good fun, and some smashing scenery.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

You can buy a kit to make those Porter locos to look like a UK loco if needed. There is one pictured on a layout in December edition of the Railway Modeller on an 0-16.5 layout called Tywyth Teg. It looks the part.
Or, like you say, you could model a USA outline gold mine... That would be fun. Before coming on here I was looking at various mines in Wales on YouTube for modelling ideas...
I like your 009 layout. Is is good.
b308

Post by b308 »

Very nice!