00 gauge layout. thoughts please

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
richsam

00 gauge layout. thoughts please

Post by richsam »

hi there.

I've been tinkering with this plan for a while now. It is to be in my loft. i have the boards down and am (slowly) laying track.

I just thought to post a pic of the plan to see what people think of it.

What i wanted was two trains running terminus to terminus, with the option of doing a couple of laps as well.

The blue section is incline from left to right with the track running over the other line at the top.

Any advice, especially on the incline construction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, phil
Attachments
layout-screen.jpg
End2end

Re: 00 gauge layout. thoughts please

Post by End2end »

Only one idea from me.
Make sure you can get to those under tracks at the top of the picture to clean them.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Phil - your Tiff file doesn't seem to be working, try resaving it as a jpg or png
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

Welcome to the forum :D , I have switched the image out with a jpg version for you & tidied up the thread
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

Hi and welcome, it looks like a very busy layout with a high intensity of track, could easily look overcrowded unless judicious use of scenery is used to break up and segregate the areas. Be warey, but has great potential!
Only one bad point, like E2E intimated, you need access for cleaning, but you need to move the point from under the hill, murph'y law says it will fail and be impossible to get at!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
richsam

Post by richsam »

alex3410 wrote:Welcome to the forum :D , I have switched the image out with a jpg version for you & tidied up the thread

thanks man!
richsam

Post by richsam »

TimberSurf wrote:Hi and welcome, it looks like a very busy layout with a high intensity of track, could easily look overcrowded unless judicious use of scenery is used to break up and segregate the areas. Be warey, but has great potential!
Only one bad point, like E2E intimated, you need access for cleaning, but you need to move the point from under the hill, murph'y law says it will fail and be impossible to get at!

thanks for the feedback.

i do intend it to be a busyish layout! maybe three passenger trains, a goods train and maybe a shunter for good measure.

the scenery will be the fun part alright. i have a basic plan in my head for scenic breaks etc, but this is all going to take some time, like years!

i might just rethink that point!

thanks again for the input