Kadee couplers on Hornby Class 06 Shunter

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
Beynac

Kadee couplers on Hornby Class 06 Shunter

Post by Beynac »

Hello,
Did anyone try to mount Kadee couplers on Hornby Class 06 Shunter ? If so, is it really difficult to do ? Wich Kadee coupler number did you use ?
Many thanks in advance for all your replies, your time and your patience.
I'm just a guy who wants to play with his toys. Image
rosenblad

Re: Kadee couplers on Hornby Class 06 Shunter

Post by rosenblad »

To be honest, I would not bother trying! That would be extremely difficult to do!
Carpe Diem!
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

It's not easy putting any sort of coupler onto that chassis, whatever it is used under. Whenever I have done it (to fit slim tension locks in my case) I've cut away the vertical end of the chassis to leave an open fronted box. Then built up a block of plasticard with a flat piece sticking out onto which a coupler could be mounted. For KDs I'd suggest fitting the end of an NEM adaptor into the space packing it with plasticard to get the correct height. Then fit NEM KDs. It seems a bit drastic cutting both ends out of the chassis, but filling the spaces with plastic glued to both sides and the bottom maintains its strength.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Beynac

Post by Beynac »

Many thanks for all your replies gentlemen.
rosenblad wrote:To be honest, I would not bother trying! That would be extremely difficult to do!
Good advice.
Hornby 00 and Bachmann H0 US stuff will never work together, I guess. They don't play in the same league.
KADEE 01.jpg
KADEE 01.jpg (121.79 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
I'm just a guy who wants to play with his toys. Image