Modern image 6ft x 20 inch depot kinda layout :)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
smeghead28

Modern image 6ft x 20 inch depot kinda layout :)

Postby smeghead28 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:08 am

No name or specific theme but will be mostly DRS purely because I like the livery, may well also feature some Colas stuff based on the same criteria ;)
Roughly 6ft x 20 inches,tradk is pretty much Peco set track with the exception of the points on the main board which are Streamline,set track points used in the fiddle yard purely to save space.
Points are operated by Peco PL10 point motors.
Will put a picture of the wiring up under the board when the ballast has dried so I can turn it over,tried to keep it as neat as possible underneath.
Control is DCC by use of a NCE Powercab,sound will feature over time but I want to buy a few locos first and then will put sound in them eventually.
Also made a 12v DC power bus out of copper tape that all the lights will eventually solder onto.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Beynac

Re: Modern image 6ft x 20 inch depot kinda layout :)

Postby Beynac » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:07 am

Wonderful switching layout. I'll follow this thread with great interest.
I'm just a guy who wants to play with his toys. Image

smeghead28

Postby smeghead28 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:50 am

Not much to update with :)
Dismantled my previous layout and recycled some of the buildings to this one,the fuelling point as well as the industrial unit.
Added a couple more bits of clutter as well as a row of gritting bins along the fence.
The ground signal will work and will be switched in conjunction with the point,maybe not to "prototype" but I don't care ;)

nickbrad

Postby nickbrad » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 pm

A great start and much faster progress than me. My only slight critisism is the gritting bins, I'm not too sure councils will be bothered about a dirt track getting frozen in winter. I do really like the track though, very well modelled.

smeghead28

Postby smeghead28 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:36 am

Very slow progress but used some MDF i had left over to create an area of hard standing.
Needs a bit of weathering and deciding what i want to put on it :)
Dummy point motors also in place now need the conduit and lineside boxes to make it look a bit more purposeful.

smeghead28

Postby smeghead28 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Progressing slowly with the ballasting,starting to get the bare board covered over.
Done another hard standing area to reduce the amount of ballasting required a little bit :)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”