Dapol Black Label Locos

Discuss Dapol Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Bigmet

Re: Dapol Black Label Locos

Post by Bigmet »

mjb1961 wrote:Well not far away from a year since the last post on this thread,,anyway ,since getting the mallard I've gone on to get the golden eagle and the silver fox ,got the silver fox today ,that was one of the reasons for selling off the two live steams I had ,,at least these black labels are getting used ,,mjb
You like them then! Naughty, naughty, running them as well, that's not the true way of The Collector. You seem to be the only person posting anywhere who acknowledges buying these and running them!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

mjb1961 wrote:
D605Eagle wrote:How silver is the paint? From pics I've seen it looks very light grey, not silver at all.
Yes ,,,it's more a light grey and a darker grey at the bottom ,,,but I think they always have been ,HORNBY,Bachmann etc ,,it might just be the names they are given ,silver fox ,quicksilver ,,makes you think they are silver but in fact they aren't,,,,,
Three tones of grey was the LNER specification. Apparently the pale grey for the 'silver' was tested on a yard shunter at Doncaster to find the best representation. There are colour photos and no doubt about it, very pale grey, not metallic. Of all the RTR model renderings I have seen Bachmann did it well on their old split chassis model, in comparison to the impression one gets from photos. Never having seen the real thing that's the closest I can get...
End2end

Post by End2end »

Art! That's what I buy to look at. :lol:
Good on you mjb for running your beauties! :wink: I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of them.
Perhaps you could do a YT video to show the "keep em in boxes" brigade what your SUPPOSED to do with model trains. :mrgreen:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
mjb1961

Post by mjb1961 »

Hi Bigmet and End2End,,,,,,,leave it with me and I'll try my best to video them running ,probably at the weekend ,,,,I might have to send the video to one of you guys and hopefully you could upload it to the forum ,,,,,,catch you later ,,mjb
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Don't send to me! The 'media player' on my very old machine announced that it was resigning the best part of a year ago, and so I cannot manipulate any video files on it any more. I can find Youtube file addresses and link to them, but not actually play them on the computer. (But since they all now work on the networked TV that's not a problem.)
mjb1961

Post by mjb1961 »

Just treated myself to another ,,bought myself the 'Wild Swan ' for Xmas ,,Dapol have only got Bittern and Quicksilver left ,all of the others have sold out ,,mjb