Impulse buy

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
Campaigner

Impulse buy

Post by Campaigner »

Having seen the pics of this rather splendid model I just couldn't resist. Now wish I hadn't as the last two weeks it's sat in the kitchen with it's box lid covering it up. Both my display cabinets are full so it's nowhere to go :( I could always buy another cabinet (most likely option) but then I might want to fill that as well. :lol:
Hard to think that all this started because I wanted ONE 0 gauge Western. :shock:

Mountain

Re: Impulse buy

Post by Mountain »

It is lovely! Wow!
Campaigner

Post by Campaigner »

I found it a bit irresistable, even the rivet counters and the Heljan knockers have gone quiet on this one :)
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Your next impulse -----

Buy some track and run it.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
Campaigner

Post by Campaigner »

glencairn wrote:Your next impulse -----

Buy some track and run it.

Glencairn
no room to run 00 let alone O gauge and as I'll be moving on shortly there seem little point in trying :-(
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Umm. The little layout I'm making is on two boards of 2ft X 7ft, and has a loop of track and sidings. It is in 7mm scale though to narrow gauge. It is possible in a small space with compromise. I origionally had a single board of 2ft X 3½ft with a loop but quickly needed to almost double its length as it was too cramped so 7ft works better.