Wykeham - Somewhere in the South.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bulleidboy

Re: Wykeham - Somewhere in the South.

Post by bulleidboy »

Yes, it does look like that :D
Phred

Post by Phred »

Some great poses on those figures. Shame to hear that FSF is closing down.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I added this to the "collection" recently - seemed a good idea at the time :roll: . Now fitted with V.2.0 of the HM7000 sound profile and a power bank (stay alive). It runs very well and the sound is good. If nothing else it added some colour to the layout.

ImageIMG_1606 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Latest addition to the collection. It will have a Hornby 21pin sound decoder fitted and possibly a lights upgrade.
I have not done a great deal lately, I have some one hundred and fifty people to paint (mainly seated passengers), but having very recently had cataract surgery, close-work is out of the question until I am signed-off and get some reading glasses.

ImageIMG_1623 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr

I also added this to the fleet a while back. Also fitted with new Hornby Sound decoder and power bank. I lengthened the speaker wires and placed the speaker in the smokebox. Sounds much better with sound from the front of the loco rather than the tender - which can be fairly obvious on some loco's.

ImageIMG_1558 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

bulleidboy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:08 am ...Sounds much better with sound from the front of the loco rather than the tender - which can be fairly obvious on some loco's.
And the bigger they are, the more this is apparent; good mod.. There was never any doubt in my mind where the starting 'Whoomph' from a Doncaster Kylchap equipped pacific was coming from.

All the best with a quick and full recovery from the cataract operation: the layout still looks very good in the pictures posted!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Thanks Bigmet - I have had both eyes "done" since the beginning of September - distance vision is superb - no longer need to wear glasses. When I am signed-off - which is a normal eye test at the opticians, I will get a "reading" prescription - so then can get a proper pair of reading glasses - currently borrowing my wife's. Layout needs a dust and a track clean - but as with any railway modeller - numerous jobs on the list. Next job is to add a Ratio signal box interior and lights to the main signal box.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Latest addition to the fleet - Hornby Standard Class2MT - Hornby Collectors Club Special.
ImageIMG_1640 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

One of the advantages of the new Hornby HM7000 system is that you can literally at the push of a button transfer control from your phone/ipad to your regular controller. This short video shows a Bachmann Class 3MT fitted with a Hornby HM7000 sound decoder running the length of the branchline. I had turned the room light down a tad to show other lighting on the layout, so the video is not as clear as I would like. The branchline has a DCC Concepts shuttle module fitted to each end. By setting up certain CV's - using the phone it takes seconds - the train will shuttle back and forth for a long as the controller (in my case the Hornby Elite)is switched on - the train/loco can be programmed to stop at either end for up to four minutes. There is a degree of "fine tuning" required on acceleration and deceleration required, but a lot of this is down to how much room (track length) you have available, especially for stopping.
For some reason having double clicked on the video, you then need to then click on the left-hand icon at the bottom of the picture.
ImageIMG_1641 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Father Christmas came early - yesterday to be precise! :lol:
ImageIMG_1661 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Latest addition to the loco collection - c/o The Model Centre sale.

ImageIMG_1680 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Jaz

Post by Jaz »

bulleidboy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:57 am I added this to the "collection" recently - seemed a good idea at the time :roll: . Now fitted with V.2.0 of the HM7000 sound profile and a power bank (stay alive). It runs very well and the sound is good. If nothing else it added some colour to the layout.

ImageIMG_1606 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
mis the Queen, love the King, hope him all the best with his cancer. excellent picture.
Jaz

Post by Jaz »

bulleidboy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:59 pm Latest addition to the loco collection - c/o The Model Centre sale.

ImageIMG_1680 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Superb figures I had to get a closer look as for a second you had me fooled, well done
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Jaz wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:38 pm ...Superb figures I had to get a closer look as for a second you had me fooled, well done...
Lose the tension lock and position a Kadee in the broad notch under the buffing plate and the whole scene is another small step up improved.

What drive have Bachmann put in this? I still laugh when I think of the DMU luggage van that Heljan did, all wheel drive and enough weight to pull side out of a house... Whatever, both very useful mechanisms for 'other purposes'.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Aha, found the Bachmann diagram, and it has a drive of the same design as in the 4-CEP. This could be very useful, as it would be an easy conversion to motorise a BR mk1 brake end.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Thanks for your comments. It will receive a Kadee in time. I took it out of the box just for the picture. I am currently removing the cross section (top of the "U") of my layout and the control board/panel, to allow a new double glazed window to be fitted - the window is behind the backscene. This may be the excuse I need to tidy up the wiring and build a new control panel.

Virtually everything in the picture has to come out :cry:
ImageIMG_0731 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr