List of Other and Minor manufacturers/Distributors

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Bufferstop

List of Other and Minor manufacturers/Distributors

Post by Bufferstop »

I've unlocked this thread, please append any desired additions/deletions/ammendments , etc. as replies.
From time to time they will hopefully get embodied in this first post.
John W
aka Bufferstop

00/H0 Gauge

C&L................................................Finescale track
DCC Supplies.....................................Finescale Track, DCC products
DJM................................................Own brand locos
Golden age.......................................Own brand locos and stock in hand assembled brass
Hattons............................................retailer offering commissioned batches of locos and stock usually limited quantity
Kernow........................................ ...retailer offering commissioned batches of locos and stock usually limited quantity
Model Rail magazine............................commisioned locos and stock
National Railway Museum 'Locomotion'......commissioned locos and stock, including exclusives
Olivias............................................ retailer offering commissioned batches of locos and stock usually limited quantity
OOWorks..........................................Own brand offering short runs of steam locos
Oxford Rail.......................................Own brand locos and stock
Peco...............................................Track ranges
Rail Express magazine..........................commissioned custom liveried locos, limited quantityi
Rapido.............................................Own brand product commissioned solely by NRM
Realtrack.................................... .....Own brand Multiple Units
Replica.............................................Own brand locos and stock
Scaleway...........................................Finescale track
Suttons Locomotive Works...... ...............Own brand finescale diesel locos with P4 and EM options

O
Ace.................................................
Basset Lowke
Golden Age
Hattons
Lionheart
Minerva
Ixion
Skytrex
Tower Brass

N Gauge

Peco....................................................Track ranges, rolling stock, buildings and scenic items.
Revolution.............................................Pendolino, and some modern wagons in association with Rapido.

I have shamelessly plagiarised from the list that Bigmet produced in response to requests to make the "Other manufacturers and Guages" a bit more helpful. For which many thanks to Bigmet. Please post any new Names or details here
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Ben A

Re: List of Other and Minor manufacturers/Distributors

Post by Ben A »

Hello there,

Just a gentle note that Revolution also supplies 00 models (TEA tankers and MMA/JNA box wagons so far, with IWA vans, IWA timber carriers, HOA hoppers and IPA car carriers under development) and also a single 0 gauge locomotive (Class 37/4 in DRS livery.)

Cheers

Ben A
Revolution Trains.
Boksonay

Post by Boksonay »

accurascale.co.uk (OO mainly, with also O items)
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Smallbrook Studio. - Resin kits in various scales. 00, 0 gauge fine and coarse scale, 7mm Narrow Gauge, 1:35 and other scales including G. Mostly loco and rolling stock kits.

422 Model Railways. - Resin kits in 7mm Narrow Gauge. Rolling stock kits along with 0 scale buildings.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Martrix have announced an HO A3, as usual in Marklin brand three rail form, and Trix brand two rail.

Typically they will produce matching coaches, most likely BR mk1, as the model represents preservation condition.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Links supplied by End2End

West Hill Wagon Works.
https://www.westhillwagonworks.co.uk/
They also have an ebay account - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/westhillwago ... 7675.l2562

I've just stumbled upon this company making many unique items in N and OO including magnetic couplings.

Scale3D - https://www.scale3d.co.uk/
More scales than a fishpond! :lol:

The unpainted sets of figures alone are much better than those cheap Chinese rubbish. :!:
Thanks
End2end
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Metadyneman

Post by Metadyneman »

Oxford Rail is already included in the list under the Hornby family which it now belongs to so should it be in the list of other manufacturers?
Attachments
hornby.PNG
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side!
End2end

Post by End2end »

Bufferstop, would it prudent to add a MULTI-Gauge category to the list?
Just an idea. :idea: :wink:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

Is this list primarily intended for RTR? On Planet O Gauge the kit and parts suppliers are 'the big boys', I'm more than happy to go through my suppliers list but RTR would only be represented by accident so to speak.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Bufferstop wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:21 pm I've unlocked this thread, please append any desired additions/deletions/amendments , etc. as replies.
John,
Here's an amendment! I wouldn't for a moment think I have got all the brands listed, or all the 'no longer active' deleted...

00/H0 Gauge
Accurascale......................................Own brand locos and stock
Cavalex...........................................Own brand locos and stock
C&L................................................Finescale track
DCC Supplies.....................................Finescale Track, DCC products
EFE.................................................Bachmann UK distribution label, locos and rolling stock drawn from various other brands
Ellis Clark Trains.................................Own brand locos and stock
Flangeway/Footplate...........................Own brand rolling stock
Kernow........................................ ...retailer offering commissioned batches of locos and stock
KR Models........................................Own brand locos and stock
Model Rail magazine............................commisioned locos and stock
National Railway Museum 'Locomotion'......commissioned locos and stock, including exclusives
?Olivias............................................ retailer offering commissioned batches of locos and stock. Still actively commissioning?
Oxford Rail.......................................Own brand locos and stock
Planet industrials................................Own brand loco and industrial loco conversion parts
Peco...............................................Track ranges and kits esp. wagons
Rail Express magazine..........................commissioned custom liveried locos, limited quantity
Rails of Sheffield.................................retailer offering commissioned batches of locos and stock
Rapido.............................................Own brand locos and rolling stock
Realtrack.................................... .....Own brand Multiple Units
Replica.............................................Own brand rolling stock and parts
Scaleway...........................................Finescale track
Sonic................................................Own brand loco
Suttons Locomotive Works...... ...............Own brand finescale diesel locos with P4 and EM options
TMC.................................................retailer offering commissioned batches of locos and stock

O
Ace
Basset Lowke
Darstaed
Golden Age
Hattons
Lionheart
Minerva
Planet industrials
Tower Brass

N Gauge
Cavalex................................................Own brand locos and rolling stock
Peco....................................................Track ranges, rolling stock, buildings and scenic items.
Revolution.............................................Pendolino, and some modern wagons in association with Rapido.
Sonic...................................................Own brand locos

TT120
Hornby!