Coppenhall Goods (Late Crest) 00

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Tom@Crewe

Coppenhall Goods (Late Crest) 00

Post by Tom@Crewe »

Hi all I started my layout some time ago. Feb. 2015 then recently had a 12 month break (give or take), but back now and I seem to have lost a lot of progress pictures too.

I have not go a lot of room so the layout is a shunting yard 2450 mm x 600 mm, My chose period is Era 5, Late Crest as I remember my Granddad taking me round the local, railway yards, station and offices in Crewe as he worked on the railway as a guard and seemed to know everyone.

The track is Peco Code 75 Sreamline, Controller is NCE Power cab.
Last edited by Tom@Crewe on Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never enough time...........

Coppenhall Goods https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... 22&t=50174
Tom@Crewe

Re: Coppenhall Goods (Late Crest) 00

Post by Tom@Crewe »

Latest pictures taken this morning.

Image Image

Image Image

railwayjim

Post by railwayjim »

Your layout is really taking shape, an industial setting, right up my street. There is
plenty squeezed into your allotted space, the low profile buildings give it an excellent
backdrop to the layout. All your work is of a very high standard and looks very realistic.

Look forward to more updates of "Coppenhall Goods".

Jim.
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

Yes, very effective use of the archway to give a real sense of depth to the background.

Looking forward to more.
Coopslner

Post by Coopslner »

I think the way you have added lighting to the back drop factory windows is great, it looks like there is depth through the windows. Well executed, look forward to more pictures.

Coops
Derby Friargate GN
Spavo

Post by Spavo »

Hi,

Regardless of the missing photo's this is a really interesting layout and I am loving the low relief backscenes and flowing pointwork. It's a real delight to see well done and keep the updates coming.

Gavin.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976
whynot

Post by whynot »

Splendid! Pretty much exactly what I would aim for (if miss!) had I such a large space. Excellent use of low relief to give the crowded industrial feel. Thanks for the photos.
Tom@Crewe

Post by Tom@Crewe »

Here we go again. I have started the goods platform canopies, I still have some adjustments, painting and weathering to do but its coming along.

Just starting to put 3 more canopies together for the main platform.

Tom@Crewe

Post by Tom@Crewe »

Canopy almost complete I have to connect the lights to the lighting circuit.

Wiring may have to wait a few days as wife has started to strip the wallpaper in the bedroom, Hint hint

carnehan

Post by carnehan »

Surely if she is stripping the wallpaper that frees up your time for wiring those excellent canopies?!? :lol:

Paul
RailwayRobbo

Post by RailwayRobbo »

Nice example of the 'alternative' layout. I think modellers tend to overlook the operating potential of a goods yard layout. Looking good so far. The low relief Industrial buildings give a good 3D backscene. I will be following your progress with interest. You have the makings of an excellent layout there and late crest is my era of interest so I am really looking forward to which rolling stock feature on Coppenhall Goods.
Tom@Crewe

Post by Tom@Crewe »

I prefer the idea of a shunting layout to a round and round. Especially with the space I have available. I plan to make a numbered list of instructions then with dice throw a number and follow instructions. Something like jinty to the engine shed or 4 vans to platform 2 or fuel tanker to fueling point. Etc.

manna

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Like the layout, it reminds me of the 'Milk Dock' at Kings Cross stn, spent many a happy an hour sitting in there.

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs
whynot

Post by whynot »

Rapidly becoming one of my very favourite layouts - just splendid.
End2end

Post by End2end »

Tom@Crewe wrote:I prefer the idea of a shunting layout to a round and round. Especially with the space I have available. I plan to make a numbered list of instructions then with dice throw a number and follow instructions. Something like jinty to the engine shed or 4 vans to platform 2 or fuel tanker to fueling point. Etc.
In my distant memory I recall a layout owner who made up cards with pictures of his rolling stock. He would shuffle the cards then pick out 3 at random and then go on to create the rake according to the picked cards. It may have even been Cyril Freezer for his famous inglenook? (Don't quote me on that though).

Just as a side note, there was also a set of "inspiration" cards made up by a famous music studio engineer/producer so if he ever got stuck for ideas he would take one of the cards at random and try what was on the card.

Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread